Orchid Shawl is a triangular lace shawl knitted from the top down. It has patterning on the right side rows only, wrong side rows are purled. The pattern is charted and beads are optional. The main lace stitch has often been referred to as a waterlily but when I look at it I see an orchid.
Gauge is not crucial, use needles to obtain a desired lace effect.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Blocked size of the black sample shawl is 155 x 75 cm (61 x 30 inches) knitted on 2.5mm (US 11/2) needles, using 55 grams of JaggerSpun Zephyr Wool-Silk 2/18 (lace weight).
- Blocked size of the pink sample shawl is 130 x 65 cm (51 x 25 inches) knitted on 3.5mm (US 21/2) needles, using 65 grams of BC Garn Baby Alpaca 10/2 (light fingering weight).
- Beads and a tiny crochet hook to thread them on your yarn
- Knitting needle, the size that gives you and your yarn a lacy fabric.
- Yarn requirements: 300-700 yards of lace or fingering weight yarn.