Mini Mania Scarf

from Exchanging Fire

Add your comment:

FrankieB on craftsy.com
FrankieB  March 27, 2013 7:22 AM

I was looking for a good way to use up all my excess sock yarn and came across this pattern last fall. I made up an epic scarf and used up a good chuck of my stash in the process. My sister was eyeing the scarf for a long time and I ended up giving it to her for Christmas. It was a hit!

zamix on craftsy.com
zamix  January 8, 2013 9:35 PM

This pattern is so fun to make...... once you get the pattern down, it works up quickly and it's a great way to use up left over yarn. As a former weaver, it is VERY reminiscent of a woven piece, in not just weight, but texture and color play. The needle size was hard to find, but I did as someone else suggested and bought a larger size needle to get the 40 inch length. I can't wait to try it with a heavier weight yarn and an even larger size needle.

r0ger17422095671 on craftsy.com
r0ger17422095671  March 18, 2014 7:34 PM

Thanks for letting me know how to get the 40 inch length and the needle separately. Loretta

5pennies on craftsy.com
5pennies  November 30, 2012 9:21 AM

I've been looking for the perfect project for single balls of silk and this is IT! I LOVE the color-play and this fabric is perfect for warmth.

Sureen on craftsy.com
Sureen  April 5, 2012 4:37 AM

This looks like a superb pattern & will definitely be making it soon as winter is on the way in South Africa! LOVE the design - thank you for sharing it. Sureen

lynnashle606010 on craftsy.com
lynnashle606010  April 5, 2012 10:03 AM

Why wait for winter? With the right fiber, this scarf works all year!

moonhawk on craftsy.com
moonhawk  April 9, 2012 5:12 PM

Has anyone done it in heavier yarn?

Bionicknita on craftsy.com
Bionicknita  April 16, 2012 5:50 AM

I used a DK weight. Any weight is fine - just use a needle at least 2 sizes larger than recommended for the yarn. A guage swatch will let you calculate the number of stitches you need.

fancie on craftsy.com
fancie  March 12, 2014 6:43 AM

very helpful information as all my leftovers are DK and was curious about needle size. Thank you.

lpatricia on craftsy.com
lpatricia  April 14, 2012 4:08 AM

Thank you for the sharing, love the color. I will make it ASAP when I finished the other project. Pat from perth

Little Gem on craftsy.com
Little Gem  May 25, 2012 11:02 PM

I absolutely love this project!

Recently, I cast on for the 'epic' size, and I'm already addicted. Watching the colours and fabric change as you work is amazing. :)

I opted for a mega huge size, as I'm after a shawl/scarf that I can use all year. My colour pallette is nice and bright, so when it's all done, it'll look great as a summer cover up in the evenings, but just as good in the winter.

Thank you so much for sharing!

Helen Wheels on craftsy.com
Helen Wheels  August 20, 2012 10:04 AM

I've never done this stitch before-- is the example knitted with one row per color change, or the two-row repeat in the same color?

Lilycool on craftsy.com
Lilycool  August 26, 2012 4:14 PM

It is knitted with two rows as far as I can see. I am knitting it at the mo and it is brillant & the stsich is very easy I love it

Helen Wheels on craftsy.com
Helen Wheels  October 16, 2012 2:20 PM

Thanks. Can anyone tell me roughly the gauge to expect with sock yarn on #6 needles? ie how many repeats or rows to get an inch?

Mini Mania Scarf Pattern