Boys, Girls, Men, Petite, Women
Basic Skills Necessary:
- Fair Isle or Stranded Knitting
- Using charts
- Knitting in the round
Samhain is the time of year when the veil is at its thinnest between this world and the invisible realm.
Traditionally many cultures celebrate this but none with as much colour and vibrancy as the Mexicans with their Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead). Brightly decorated candy skulls are used to remind us of our own mortality and it was these which gave inspiration for the skulls motifs on this slouchy cap. The skulls border is knitted in two colours only (like the other border on this hat) but highlights are added in a third colour using duplicate stitch (or Swiss darning
Note this is for the Mittens pattern only. There are patterns for a hat, and a full set of hat, mittens and cowl available.
19 sts x 24 rows over 10cm in stocking stitch stranded motifs.
- Yarns Texere Yarns Airedale Aran 100% Blue Faced Leicester Wool, 82m per 50g
- 1 x 50g ball 1210 Chocolate (Brown) MC 1 x 50g ball 1220 Petrol (Teal Blue) CC1 1 x 50g ball 1213 Cream CC2
- Needles 4.5mm dpns or circular needles (or size to achieve gauge)
You Will Also Need:
- 1 tapestry needle for weaving in ends and duplicate stitch
- Optional: Bobbins for different coloured yarns, stitch markers
246 meters of Worsted weight
Any 100% firm wool
1 x 50g ball 1210 Chocolate (Brown) MC 1 x 50g ball 1220 Petrol (Teal Blue) CC1 1 x 50g ball 1213 Cream CC2