Basic Skills Necessary:
- Circular knitting
- Colour work
The patterning at the brim of this hat makes this an instant success for spring & summer. It would be great for all-weather hat wearers and as a stunning Chemo cap. The yarn is a buttery soft Egyptian cotton, which is cool to the touch and has a luxurious sheen like silk.
24 sts / 29 rows = 4 ins/10 cm in St St using US #6/4mm ndls.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Sizes: Small (Medium, Large)
- To fit head size 21.5 (22.5, 23.5) ins / 55 (57, 60) cm
- Sublime Egyptian cotton DK [100% cotton; 115 yds/105m per 50g/1.75 oz ball].
- Main Colour: #SH 322 "Cream", 2 balls.
- Contrast Colour: # SH 324 "Sky blue", 1 ball.
You Will Also Need:
- US #2/3 mm circular needle, length 16 ins/40cm for brim.
- US #4/3.5 mm circular needle, in lengths 16 ins/40cm for main body of hat & 32 ins/80cm for crown (using Magic Loop technique.)
- OR: 1 set US #2/3mm & 1 set US #4/3.5mm dpn's.