Basic Skills Necessary:
- Cast on
- Bind off
- Simple cables
- Increases & Decreases
This is a gorgeous design featuring cabled owls. The set includes a beret, cowl and fingerless mitts. All of the patterns are available individually on my website: www.SmartCatStudios.com/knit.html, if you prefer just a single design.
A little ol' owl who was so lonely
Decided to knit his one and only.
He'd pull the yarn and then he'd purl
And quick as a fox, he'd knitted a girl.
Now you'll find them in their tree
Hootin' it up for all to see.
(c)R. Bartly Betts
Version 1.1 - Revised 1/31/13
Updated Cowl Chart - no stitches or rows affected, just clarified.
15 sts x 22 rows = 4" knit on size 8 needles in stockinette stitch in the round
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Beret - 11.5" diameter x 22-24" brim
- Cowl - 6" x 25" circumference (at the top)
- Mitts - 7.75" tall x 7-8.5" palm circumference
- Worsted or Aran Weight yarn ~ 384 yds
- Size 7 (4.5 mm) 16" circular needle
- Size 8 (5.0 mm) 24" circular needle
- Size 8 (5.0 mm) double pointed needles (4)
- Stitch holder or waste yarn
- cable needle
You Will Also Need:
- 2" x 2" felt piece, contrasting yarn color OR 1/4" buttons x 28
- tapestry/yarn needle
- sewing/embroidery needle
- contrasting thread to felt piece
384 yards of Worsted weight
Bellemeade Designs Worsted Weight Wool