Basic Skills Necessary:
- Provisional Cast On
- Short Row Toe & Heels
- Toe Up Socks
- Lace Charts
- Yarn Overs
- Simple Decreases and Increases
Inspired by the village of Lee Bay where wild vines and trailing ivy shroud the cliff sides, aka the Fuchsia Valley. Fuchsia blooms burst forth from stone walls and hedges of fishermen's cottages.
This is a toe up lace sock with an old lace stitch with twining vines and Fuchsia buds lace pattens mirrored on each sock. A delicate picot edge finishes the top edge of the sock.
They are easy to do and the charts are clear and large with numbered stitches and rows. Each sock is a mirror image of its pair.
30 stitches and 40 rows = 4 inches in in Fuchsia Buds chart, with work laid flat, slightly opened. Do not stretch. Gauge is post-blocking.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Finished Measurements Actual leg circumference: 8.25 (9, 9.75) inches approx 21 (23, 25) cm. Stretches to fit up to leg circumference approx: 10 (11, 12) inches 25 (28, 30) cm. Foot length is adjustable but shown here as: 9.5 inches (24cm) long for a shoe size of US 7 (Euro 39).
- Knit Picks Stroll Tonal Sock Yarn (Fingering) Blooms75% Superwash Merino Wool, 25% Nylon, 462 yds (422m)/100 g 1 (1, 2) 100 g skeins shade #24909 Summer
- 1 set of 5 dpns or circ(s) size US 1 (2.25mm), or size to match the gauge given 1 set of 5 dpns or circ(s) size US 3 (3.25mm) for cuff and cast off edge. Crochet hook size C-2 (2.75mm) for Provisional Cast On Method 1 only
You Will Also Need:
- Notions 1 tapestry needle to weave in ends 1 pair of sharp embroidery scissors for Provisional Cast On Method 2 only
462 yards of Fingering weight
Knit Picks Stroll Sock Tonal
Summer Blooms (Pink)