Basic Skills Necessary:
- Knit in the round
- Increase and decrease
- Provisional cast on (slippers only)
Some babies are so adorable, you just can't help but knit for them. It's almost a challenge to see if it's possible to make them any cuter! If such a thing is indeed imaginable, this whimsical cap and slipper set might just do it... Plus, it comes in a wide range of sizes making it the perfect quick knit for all the wee ones in your life.
In stockinette stitch: Cap: 4.5 stitches per inch; Slippers: 5 stitches per inch.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Cap: Premie (Newborn, Baby, Toddler, Small Child) for finished approximate cap circumference: 10.75" (12", 13.25", 14.5", 15.75").
- Slippers: Premie (Baby, Toddler, Small Child) for finished approximate slipper circumference: 3" (4", 5", 6").
- Yarn: 80-150 yards worsted weight yarn for cap; 25-75 yards for slippers.
- Needles: Cap: US 8 (5.5 mm) for knitting in the round (DPNs, two circulars, or magic loop - use your preferred method). Slippers: US 7 (5mm) for knitting flat.
- Notions: 3 stitch markers (one distinctive), cable needle, darning needle.
150 yards of Worsted weight
Read blog or news article about this pattern »