Basic Skills Necessary:
- knitting in the round, knit, purl, Single Crcohet (optiona)
I just love to try new ideas and techniques...Inspired by Ari's Felted Tote Bag (http://sasw.blogspot.com/2006/03/felted-tote-bag.html) and the Little Partition Bag (http://www.keyboardbiologist.net/Patterns/LittlePartitionedBag.html). I loved both of these patterns. However the partitioned bag was to small for my needs and I really like to be able to organize my knitting bag as I often use it as a purse. So I used the best of both bags to make my bag. I also will be adding some pockets for my cell phone and for my wallet and other little day-to-day necessities.
I have permission from both designers to post the pattern.
- Cascade Yarns Cascade 220 Heather
- Patons Classic Wool Merino
- Noro Blossom
- Circular KNitting Needle: US 11 - 8.0 mm (29" or longer)
- 1 US 11/8mm double pointed knitting needle
- 4 stitch marker, 1 a different color from the other 3.
You Will Also Need:
- Option: Chunky waste yarn for adding in the holes for the pockets.
- Option: 4 Decorative beads or buttons. I used 4 wooden cat beads from a Halloween necklace package.
220 yards of Worsted weight
Cascade Yarns Cascade 220 Heather, Patons Classic Wool Merino, Noro Blossom
Cascade 220 - #2445 Dk Green Heather-2 skeins (MC) Optional: #9407 lt Green Heather-1 skein (to be used with A for the pockets) Patons Classic Wool - #252 Tree Bark Mix -2 skeins (A) Noro Blossom: (40Gr.Skein/70meter) 40% Wool, 30% Kid Mohair, 20% Silk Nylon 10% Nylon - # 12 (could be 21) (B) You will be holding both A and B together when it is time...
Read blog or news article about this pattern »