Basic Skills Necessary:
- Pick up and knit
- Knit in the round
This bag was inspired by a military style pea coat, and can be made with or without pockets. Mix it up with different colors, handles and embellishments to suit your style!
This bag is knit flat on circular needles to accommodate the curve of the bag sides. Please be aware that if you substitute another yarn for the suggested Malabrigo Merino Worsted, your bag may felt differently.
Work 12 sts and 16 rows in st st to measure 4x4" using US 11 (8mm) needles, though tension is not critical for this pattern. Be sure to knit and felt a swatch in both colors to insure they felt at the same rate.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- 36cm/14in x 15cm/6in x 15cm/6in
- US 11 (8.0mm) 32" Circular needle
You Will Also Need:
- One set of 11-14" wide 'D' shaped handles with a minimum 8" opening for securing to the bag.
- Stitch holder
- 6 Buttons
- Thread and needle or sewing machine
- Black upholstery trim
- To give your bag a rigid bottom, cut a piece of cardboard or plastic and cover it with fabric or craft foam and put it in the bottom of your bag.
800 yards of Worsted weight
Malabrigo Merino Worsted
American Beauty, Black