1 Hour Baby Hat- Free Knitting Pattern

from Craftsy Pattern Collections

Add your comment:

grammieneu on craftsy.com
grammieneu  September 20, 2014 4:40 PM

Yes it was confusing. The stitch count was incorrect. My finished cap fit a doll not an a baby.

misamisamisa on craftsy.com
misamisamisa  September 11, 2014 4:14 PM

I made this, and it worked! I'm nearly a beginner and appreciate the notes below on switching needles. Only trick was that I ended up with an extra stitch at the end so I knit 3 together instead of 2. I'm going to make it again.

Blind_Mary on craftsy.com
Blind_Mary  August 1, 2013 9:53 PM

This pattern is misleading and confusing. I've tried it about four times now. I recently saw that there is a corresponding youtube video, so I watched it. In the video it mentions that after the ribbing you switch to size 10 needles, this is never indicated in the directions (so no wonder I keep fouling up!). I say the directions need to be updated and a bit more detailed because at the moment they are very scattered and don't fully direct you on the pattern.

maryisbusy on craftsy.com
maryisbusy  August 25, 2013 10:21 PM

I agree, the pattern confuses me too. The math didn't work out for me...38 does not divide by 12 evenly.

Princess Pamela on craftsy.com
Princess Pamela  September 18, 2013 10:21 PM

It confused me too. I watched the video about 60 times. I tried it gave me such a headache trying to work the pattern.. I ditched the stich markers & just followed the pattern. It worked out. I finished it last night, My coworker wanted it for her stuffed animal.

FroggyBeth on craftsy.com
FroggyBeth  March 23, 2014 5:53 PM

I agree that there is inconsistency between the video and the written instructions. But if you persist, this is a great pattern and I found it worked fine by just being a bit sensible. (But very unlike Craftsy to be so wobbly with instructions).

I used slightly larger needles than recommended (and compensated for size by casting on 34 stitches instead of 38), and I didn't worry about switching them after finishing the rib stitch. I also lengthened the main part of the hat by four rows of ss for my second attempt.

I am still confused about the markers for the ssk reduction of the crown of the hat. The first time I placed the markers every 10 stitches and had three x ssk each knit row. The second time I followed the instructions exactly and got to 24 remaining stitches after only 3 knit rows... what the?

But it's a very forgiving pattern and both my hats worked out fine. They will be the first hats to go on my bub's head when she's born in July!

lorrainem100000609373603 on craftsy.com
lorrainem100000609373603  August 23, 2014 5:34 AM

Where is the pattern i cant find it !

1 Hour Baby Hat- Free Knitting Pattern Pattern