Basic Skills Necessary:
- familiar with bending wires
These earrings are as beautiful as they can be, either with silver plated wire or black craft wire. There is a large variety of colors that you can combine to create this leaky design. I also intend to make them with black wire and red crystals, too.
This tutorial consists of 41 main steps and 109 pictures, spread along 26 pages, all explained as clearly as possible to make you understand each move and help you create these beautiful earrings.
I wouldn't say they are easy to make, though. You need to be pretty familiar with wire, to be able to twist it in your hands so you can get perfect waves from it. After all, perfect waves or not, it might be your occasion to make a variation and not follow word by word my design (you can make your own waves, as long as you get the idea).
And not the last, you will learn how to create two personalized ear wires, for these ones, or why not, for other projects of yours.
Read blog or news article about this pattern »
- MATERIAL LIST
- 80 cm silver plated wire of 0.8 mm
- 3.60 m silver plated wire of 0.3 mm
- 2 teardrop crystals (14mm/10mm)
- 10 metallic beads (2mm)
- 2 rondelle crystals (4 mm/2mm)
- TOOL LIST
- flat nose pliers
- round nose pliers
- wire cutter
- wire scissors
- ALTERNATIVE MATERIALS
- You can replace teardrop crystals with any teardrop at hand, any teardrop you want. I chose the teardrop shape to better emphasize the shape of the so called eye. I suppose the design will be great with spheres, too, if you don't have teardrops at hand.
- Also, you can replace the wire, too, with sterling silver wire, black craft wire or copper wire. As you have noticed, I made these earrings with black craft wire, too, so far. Though, I decided to create the tutorial after these ones, with silver plated wire because of the pictures. They seem to be clearer with silver plated wire than black craft wire.