Kiss Kross Bracelet

from Abby Hook

Add your comment:

Pinupz0mbie on craftsy.com
Pinupz0mbie  March 22, 2013 4:13 PM

Is this something you can do with any gauge wire? I just picked up some 20g and 18g wire. I'm considering trying this, but I'm wondering if I should wait until I purchase the gauges listed in the materials section? Thank you! xo

Abby Hook on craftsy.com
Abby Hook  April 10, 2013 6:55 AM

I would recommend sticking to the gauges listed in the materials section, otherwise you will compromise the strength of the finished piece. However, if you are making it for yourself, you will get away with thinner gauges, just be mindful, when you are wearing it, not to catch the bracelet, as it could get bent out of shape.

cammy on craftsy.com
cammy  March 1, 2012 11:20 AM

I made the earrings and just love love love them. thank you.

Abby Hook on craftsy.com
Abby Hook  March 3, 2012 2:17 AM

I am so pleased that you enjoyed making the earrings, I would love to see them when you have the time to upload a picture :)

CraftCraze on craftsy.com
CraftCraze  April 3, 2012 2:09 PM

Love your design! I bought a similar bracelet at a craft show - really liked the green beads and copper wire - but the designwork was awful! Just need copper wire and I'll re-work my stodgy bracelet into something beautiful!

Abby Hook on craftsy.com
Abby Hook  April 5, 2012 10:12 AM

Thank you! What a great idea, to rework a bracelet you already have, I hope to see the finished piece when you have done it :)

DLA on craftsy.com
DLA  April 29, 2012 2:38 AM

I love this bracelet but the question I have is would you be able to add a medical tag to it for a medical bracelet?

Abby Hook on craftsy.com
Abby Hook  April 29, 2012 4:18 AM

Thank you for your comment DLA. You could easily add a medical tag that has one hole as a charm on one of the loops at either end of the cuff. If you have a medical tag with holes either end, it would be possible to incorporate it into the actual bracelet, It would require a little re working of the technique though, as I think you would need to form the Kiss Kross wrap in two sections, either side of the tag (if the tag is placed in a central position) using the wire from the wrap to secure the tag to the frame wire either side.

I hope this helps. Good luck and I hope to see your bracelet when it is done :)

mom1959 on craftsy.com
mom1959  September 17, 2012 8:12 PM

Abby: I made this but the bracelet bends too easily after it was finished. Any way to make it more rigid?

Abby Hook on craftsy.com
Abby Hook  September 30, 2012 3:15 AM

I am sorry for the delaying in replying, I missed your comment. The bracelet should not bend easily once made, the tight wrapping around the beads combined with the frame wire should make the finished item quite rigid, even when using soft wire.

Was your core wire the correct gauge?

You could try hardening your core wire prior to adding the beads and wrapping by hammering with a rawhide mallet against the bracelet mandrel. This will harden the wire without flattening it. Also you need to make sure your wrapping is nice and tight, as this also adds rigidity to the finished piece.

I hope this helps :)