This lovely counted cross stitch pattern would make the perfect gift for stitchers and readers alike. Better yet, find someone who loves needlework AND books. The pattern features a set of classic novels. In order from left to right, these are:
- Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
- Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bront
- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
- Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
This pattern is in pdf format and includes instructions, key, and symbol chart for 85 colors of DMC threads. When stitched on 18-count Aida, it will be about 12.7" x 9.8".
I am a Ph.D. student who knits and otherwise crafts in her spare (ha!) time. I absolutely adore knitting. I have been knitting for pretty much all my life; I first learned in the second grade, when my aunt taught me. My other primary crafts, cross stitch and beading, are additions in the last few years, but I love them too!