from Purple Stitching
PDF Digital Download
Have you made this pattern?
Share with the Craftsy community.
This lovely counted cross stitch pattern would make the perfect gift for stitchers and readers alike. Better yet, find someone who loves needlework AND books. The pattern features a set of classic novels. In order from left to right, these are:
- Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
- Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bront
- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
- Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
This pattern is in pdf format and includes instructions, key, and symbol chart for 85 colors of DMC threads. When stitched on 18-count Aida, it will be about 12.7" x 9.8".
I am a Ph.D. student who knits and otherwise crafts in her spare (ha!) time. I absolutely adore knitting. I have been knitting for pretty much all my life; I first learned in the second grade, when my aunt taught me. My other primary crafts, cross stitch and beading, are additions in the last few years, but I love them too!