Basic Skills Necessary:
- This pattern is for crocheters with a beginner to intermediate level, that know how to make magic rings and half double and treble crochet stitches, and crocheting in front loops and back loops.
Takochu are octopus toys created by the Japanese company Pine, made in a wide range of colors in plastic/acrylic. They are small and stack on top of one another.
They can be quite expensive and difficult to find outside Japan, so why not making them by yourself, larger and softer?
They make cheap and cute gifts for friends and family (did you know that the octopus -tako in Japanese- is a good luck charm for Japanese students?)
So take your hooks and have fun!
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Crocheted with a 4mm. hook, the amigurumi measures approx. like a tennis ball.
- Approx. 25g of yarn and a small amount of a contrasting color, same type of yarn
- A 4mm. hook and a 3.5mm hook
- A 5mm. hook or something with similar shape (like a thin pen or a screwdriver)
- 1 pair 5mm. black safety eyes
- Tapestry needle