Basic Skills Necessary:
- Crochet in rounds
- Single crochet
- Slip stitch
- Double crochet
We've got just a few days until Valentine's day, and if you're planning to whip up a handmade gift for your sweetie, now's the time to get started!
Handmade gifts have so much more heart than something from a big box store, and when you make a gift yourself, you know it wasn't produced in a sweatshop, and you have total control over the materials that you're using.
Your handmade gift is a one-of-a-kind creation, made with love. What could be more Valentine's day appropriate than that!
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Finished size approx. 12 cm (4.72 inches) high. Tail is approx. 40 cm (16 inches) long.
- Any red yarn you like for main parts. I used approx. 200 yards of mercerized cotton yarn. You'll also need some pink and white yarn for tongue and eyes.
- For option 2 (white wings) - Any mohair yarn the same thickness as your main yarn (I used of MOHAIR DELICATE (NAKO) (mohair 40%, acrylic 60%) 100 g/500 m)
- Matching size hook. I used hook 1 mm. You shall use hook much thinner than recommended for yarn you choose.
- Copper wire with plastic covering for the frame (you shall be able to bend it with your hands and it shall keep fit). Expenditure depends on your yarn.
- 2 glass eyes with loops for pupils, 0.9-10 mm diameter.
- Some blue felt 1 mm thick for irises.
- Some black fishing line for eyelashes.
- Sewing thread of matching colors to sew small parts.
- Sewing needle.
- Tapestry needle for tightening.
- Paint for tinting (you can use acrylic paint for fabric or brown eye shadows).
- Wooden stick.
- Adhesive plaster with fabric base (the one you use to cover wounds) 1-1.5 cm wide to work up the wire cuts
200 yards of Fingering weight