Magnificent Moss Basket

from Joyful Yarns Crochet

Add your comment:

dmarkey919411 on craftsy.com
dmarkey919411  July 23, 2014 0:28 AM

Thank you so much for this free pattern!!! I can't wait to make it.

farah.nas1796810 on craftsy.com
farah.nas1796810  June 20, 2014 4:42 AM

Help pls ! Can't download the pattern why? Thanks

Joyful Yarns  July 1, 2014 4:59 PM

Hello! Did you add the pattern to your cart first, then 'check out'? The pattern is free, but you still need to add it to the cart. You should be able to download from your Patterns in your profile. If you still have trouble downloading, message me at my Facebook page, and I'll send the file to you.

hclem4262588682 on craftsy.com
hclem4262588682  May 26, 2014 6:17 PM

I can't seem to download this pattern, could I get it emailed to me at hclem426@hotmail.com...thank you. I can't wait to start making this : )

Joyful Yarns  July 1, 2014 5:00 PM

Hello! If you can please message me at my Facebook page, I can give you the file there. Thank you!

purple_bi3367461 on craftsy.com
purple_bi3367461  May 8, 2014 1:14 PM

Love the pattern! The sides turn out nice, the top rows of the basket seem to turn out larger, any clue why? I've been crocheting for over 20 years. Thanks!

Joyful Yarns  May 16, 2014 1:10 PM

Make sure you are switching hook sizes as indicated in the pattern. The larger size hook is only used for the moss stitch rows!

bauerc_693604049 on craftsy.com
bauerc_693604049  April 18, 2014 11:06 AM

I am unable to download and print this pattern. PLease
help.
bauerc_69301@yahoo.com

Joyful Yarns  April 28, 2014 6:25 PM

I can email you the pattern file. Enjoy!

Cint on craftsy.com
Cint  April 16, 2014 0:03 AM

Hi, I have read through the pattern and can't work out how much yarn I will need. Can you please help me? Thank you, I love the look of this basket, it's the nicest one I have seen and it is Free!!!

Joyful Yarns  April 28, 2014 6:24 PM

Hi! The amount of yarn needed will vary depending on the size you choose to make. For the basket in the picture, I made the largest size and it took about 2/3 skein of RedHeart Super Saver for the ecru color. I would suggest 7-8 oz total of worsted weight/aran weight yarn for the largest size.

ddberry2598645 on craftsy.com
ddberry2598645  January 24, 2014 9:09 AM

I love the look of this basket. I am just sorry I didn't see it before the Holidays. That only means that I have all year to make lots of these to give to friends and family. The perfect "little something" gift.

Joyful Yarns  February 3, 2014 7:17 AM

I'm so glad you found it! I hope you enjoy the pattern!

Julieta13 on craftsy.com
Julieta13  June 24, 2013 8:00 PM

Hello! I love this basket and I want to make one! but I cannot find the pattern anywhere. Could you tell me where to find it? Thank you!!!

Joyful Yarns  July 2, 2013 10:22 AM

When you click on the pattern image, select "Add Pattern to Cart" in the next page. Then click on "Add to My LIbrary". Then you will find the pattern in your library to download. If you have any issues, please respond here and I can try to help you further!

catbluu on craftsy.com
catbluu  June 14, 2013 8:46 AM

I've read all the comments, so.......what am I doing wrong, what is a moss stitch and when/where do you use ? I love the basket but can't figure out what I am doing wrong, please help.

Joyful Yarns  July 2, 2013 10:24 AM

Moss stitch is the repeat pattern in the center rounds where you ch1 and hdc. The next round you will work the hdc into the ch1 sp from the previous round and ch1 to skip over the hdc from the previous round. If you have any further problems, please contact me here or at my Facebook page, and I can help you!

HeatherRose2013 on craftsy.com
HeatherRose2013  April 8, 2013 7:20 PM

This pattern is awesome! It works up very quick and easy. I am a beginner and I had no problems with this pattern. I love my basket and I am planning on making a few more up!

Joyful Yarns  April 10, 2013 1:55 PM

I designed this pattern with beginners in mind. I'm so glad you were able to work the pattern without any confusion or problems!

stampycarol on craftsy.com
stampycarol  April 8, 2013 7:39 AM

Thank you for sharing this. I think it will make a brilliant WIP basket which is what I will use mine for when I've made it :))
Dilemma!.....want to start right now :-D

Joyful Yarns  April 10, 2013 1:54 PM

I'd love to see your finished project! Thank you for downloading the pattern!

miel1971 on craftsy.com
miel1971  March 23, 2013 0:07 PM

this is a wonderful basket! I'm on my second one now, and I just love how strong and sturdy it is. Great pattern!

Joyful Yarns  March 23, 2013 7:05 PM

Thank you! I'm so glad you like it!

Crazyladycrchet on craftsy.com
Crazyladycrchet  March 22, 2013 2:08 PM

Love this basket - already thinking I need to make several more of the weekend if time allows!

Joyful Yarns  March 22, 2013 3:08 PM

I'm so glad you like it! Looking forward to seeing some pics of your creations!

getalifemom on craftsy.com
getalifemom  January 14, 2014 6:57 PM

I downloaded the pattern and wonder what the * stands for in the pattern details? It starts at the Round 3 and I am just making sure it am doing all correct. On the hdc do we skip a stict or 2 or go strait in to the first available stitch? I was taught the hdc starts in the 3rd stitch over... is this right??

Joyful Yarns  January 23, 2014 4:35 AM

The * is the repeat, so you would repeat the instructions between the *'s.

This is worked in the round, so you dont necessarily follow the same rules for working in the 'x' st after making a turn chain like when working flat and turning the work. The chain in this pattern is part of the stitch pattern to create the texture.

steffie789 on craftsy.com
steffie789  February 19, 2014 3:31 AM

Hi, Can I ask a question? Is this pattern in US or UK corchet terms? I am new to crochet and still getting my head round things. Many thanks - I love this and cannot wait to make one (or more) lol

bouncerdjwife@gmail.com on craftsy.com
bouncerdjwife@gmail.com  February 19, 2014 10:07 PM

hi i believe it is in US terms

steffie789 on craftsy.com
steffie789  February 21, 2014 1:19 AM

funkyflower on craftsy.com
funkyflower  February 19, 2014 1:35 AM

what is the English equivalent of worsted weight yarn?

gythaogg2@yahoo.co.uk on craftsy.com
gythaogg2@yahoo.co.uk  February 20, 2014 11:08 AM

Aran yarn

dmarkey919411 on craftsy.com
dmarkey919411  July 23, 2014 0:27 AM

Thank you so much for this gorgeous free pattern. I can't wait to make it.

Magnificent Moss Basket Pattern