Basic Skills Necessary:
- The crochet stitches include, sc, hdc, dc, tr, and front loop and back loop work. The pattern includes complete instructions with picture tutorials.
I was asked to make a wedding wall hanging as a special wedding gift. I liked to the result and thought others might like to make such a special wedding gift so I made a pattern.
The pattern colors are suggestions, so customize this couple with their colors of hair, outfits and flowers.
The bridal couple are in Edwardian style clothing and the bride and groom arms are intertwined as their lives will be in the coming years.
The patterns uses size 1 crochet hook for the thread crochet characters to get the character to size. The background is worked in yarn and a size F crochet hook.
What a special gift for that significant wedding anniversary for the happy couple to remember the day they got together.
This pattern includes complete instructions to make the wall hanging or can be used to make the bride and/or groom bookmark patterns separately. They would make wonderful bridemaid's or groomsmen's gifts.
For size 1 hook and crochet thread:
8 hdc = 1 inch (2.54cm),
5 hdc rows = 1 inch (2.54cm)
For size F hook and yarn:
9 dc = 2 inch (5cm),
4 dc rows = 2 inch (5cm)
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- 13 inches (33cm) round diameter
- bedspread weight cotton thread (size 10):
- 30 yards peach (or choice of skin color)
- 40 yards White (or choice of bridal gown and grooms shirt color)
- 25 yards cream (or choice of contrasting gown color)
- 17 yards grey (or choice of groom's pants, hatband and lapel color)
- 35 yards black (or choice of groom's coat, shoe, bow-tie, eye and hat color)
- Worsted weight yarn:
- 55 yards Carron Simply Soft Red (or choice of heart color)
- 90-135 yards Carron Simply Soft White(or choice of ruffle color) depending on width of hoop
- 30-60 yards Carron Simply Soft Sage (or choice of grass colored ground color)
- Boye Steel Crochet hook size 1 (2.25mm) or Aluminum hook size B
- Steel Crochet hook size 7 (1.65mm) for working boutonniere (optional)
- Boye Steel Crochet hook size F (3.75mm) for working yarn
You Will Also Need:
- small amounts of crochet thread used for flowers and leaves.
- 1 skein light golden brown DMC floss #977 (or choice of bride's hair color) embroidery floss
- 1 skein black brown DMC #3371 (or choice of groom's hair color) embroidery floss
- 9 x 14 inch (22.86 x 35.56cm) piece of white tulle
- 12" Dream Catcher Hoop (The inside hoop of an embroidery hoop works well)
- Small amount of polyester fiberfill.