Basic Skills Necessary:
- The crochet stitches include sc, hdc, dc, tr and sl st and front and back loop work. The pattern includes description of abbreviations and complete instructions with picture tutorials.
Now you can make this stunning crochet nativity wall display pdf file pattern for your own home. I have bundled my crochet nativity ornaments patterns into one spectacular wall display pattern.
I wanted to help teach our grandchildren the reason for our Christmas season. I have so many nativity displays that all our surfaces are in use. I decided to design a wall display. This pattern contains four ornaments that can go on a tree or wreath or can be attached to the background wall hanging. Because there is no glass involved in these ornaments, young hands can handle without fear of breakage.
This PDF pattern includes:
* Sweet baby Jesus in a manger ornament
* Virgin Mary ornament
* Joseph, Mary's betrothed
* Free nativity star ornament
* Yarn background instructions to house the ornaments.
The background which is mounted in a 14" dream-catcher hoop was made in yarn with a larger hook and is very quickly worked. The pattern explains how to attach them to the background either permantly or how they can be used on a tree and then attached to the background on Christmas morning.
* This pattern is made using U.S. crochet abbreviations.
Steel Crochet hook size 7 -10 hdc = 1 inch (2.5cm), 7 hdc rows = 1 inch (2.5cm)
Aluminum Crochet hooks size D and yarn - 9 dc = 2 inches (5cm), 5 dc rows = 2 inches (5cm)
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- 16 inches (40.5cm) wide by 18 inches (45.75cm) long
- bedspread weight cotton thread (size 10) :
- 27 yards peach (or choice of skin color)
- 57 yards white (or choice of swaddling clothes and Mary's head covering color)
- 27 yards gold metallic (or choice of halos, star and baby accent color)
- 92 yards golden yellow (or choice of straw, Mary's contrast color & Joseph's garment color)
- 60 yards Royal Blue (or choice of Mary's garment color)
- 90 yards Russet (or choice of Joseph's cloak color)
- 15 yards Blue Hawaii (or choice of Joseph's contrast color)
- 39 yards Copper Mist (or choice of Walls, Joseph's lamp and walking stick color)
- 85 yards Egyptian cotton metallic Royal Blue size 10 crochet thread (*optional - add night sky glow)
- 1 skein Caron simply soft sunshine yellow(or choice of worsted weight color for straw stable floor)
- 1 skein Caron Simply Soft Chocolate brown(or choice of worsted weight color for Stable Walls)
- 1 Skein Caron Simply soft Celestial Blue (or choice of worst weight color for night Sky)
- Steel Crochet hook size 7 (1.65mm)
- Aluminum Crochet hook size D (3.25mm) for yarn work on hanging background
You Will Also Need:
- 2 pipe cleaners for Joseph's walking stick
- Small amount red (or choice of mouth color) Could also use embroidery floss
- 3 skeins black (or choice of hair color and eye color) embroidery floss
- Small amount of polyester fiberfill.
- Tapestry needle
- 14 inch Diameter Round Hoop (The inside wooden hoop of a quilt hoop works well)
Caron Simply soft