Basic Skills Necessary:
- basic hairpin crochet skills, basic knitting skills (knit, purl, yo, 2Ktog)
Let's dance! Breathtaking in movement, with gentle folds, this skirt won't leave you indifferent.
The combination of techniques - hairpin lace crochet and knitting in garter stitch with a gentle lace touch - is easy and very quick to make. And the pattern instructions will help you to create a skirt of any size and length.
* written instructions, step-by-step tutorial in pictures.
is not crucial for the design.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- The shown sample in size M consists of lace strips, joined together by four knitted rows. By changing width and/or length of the strips and/or their number you can make a skirt of any size and length. All lace pieces and edging can be done in round to avoid additional joining and yarn ends. The instructions are given for back and forth knitting.
- Schoeller+Stahl Portofino Color, Worsted/10 ply, (4 skeins = 484.0 yards (442.6m) in total) for hairpin strips
- scraps of Sport/5 ply for knitted part in navy (MC) and bright blue (CC) colors.
- Hook: US C/2 (3.0 mm)
- Circular needles: US 3 (3.25 mm)
- Hairpin loom: 4'' (10 cm) wide
You Will Also Need:
- Elastic thread
- Yarn needle to join/weave in ends