Basic Skills Necessary:
- basic crochet stitches, basic tunisian crochet stitches, crochet in-the-round, small amounts of seaming
Every gal needs at least one good new pullover each season to freshen and revive the wardrobe. This is my seasonal offering.
There are no tricky stitches here, only a combination of techniques - regular crochet in the main body and Tunisian crochet at hem and cuffs. It is bottom-up construction worked in the round; for a seasoned crocheter, this can be whipped up in less than two weeks. Really. Who says crochet gratification can't be virtually instantaneous
2.75 sts = 1" in tks/tps ribbing, 11 1/2 sts/7 rows = 4" in dc, all using largest hook.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Sm (med, lg, xlg, 2xlg, 3xlg) 34 (38, 42, 46, 50, 54)" (86 [96 1/2, 106 1/2, 116 1/2, 127, 137] cm) bust circumference. Shown in size 34 bust with 0" - 1" ease.
- 800-1550 yards (728-1410 meters) worsted weight yarn; 75-200 (68-182 meters) worsted weight mohair
- U.S. I (5.50 mm), U.S. J (6.00 mm), U.S. K (6.50 mm), Tunisian crochet hook K (6.50 mm)
You Will Also Need:
- Split ring stitch markers, two (2) 1/2" (2 cm) diameter shank buttons, straight pins, tapestry needle, sewing needle, sewing thread in coordinating color
1750 yards of Worsted weight
Red Heart Boutique Eclipse (65% acrylic, 25% wool, 10% nylon), 2.5 0z/70 g (175 yd/160m) - 3 skeins colorway tidal wave (yarn A MC), 2 skeins colorway storm (yarn A CC) Berroco Cirrus (42% superkid mohair, 40% nylon, 18% merino wool extrafine), .88 0z/25 g (114 yd/105m) - 1 skein colorway #2515 (yarn B)
Read blog or news article about this pattern »