Basic Baby Booties

from MellonyBe

Add your comment:

hak77313856837 on craftsy.com
hak77313856837  May 12, 2014 9:48 AM

My pattern won't come up! Keeps taking me to another page.

kd8cmt966367 on craftsy.com
kd8cmt966367  April 24, 2014 2:26 PM

Round 3: [2sc, sc in next st] twice...am I basically creating 3 crochets TWICE equalling 6? So confused.

Raveled Mom on craftsy.com
Raveled Mom  April 22, 2014 4:50 AM

I don't know what I'm doing wrong! I received an updated pattern via email, but I can't get it to download :(

hollyjan on craftsy.com
hollyjan  April 10, 2014 9:03 AM

So sweet cant wait to try them x

blakejg1412451 on craftsy.com
blakejg1412451  April 19, 2013 2:34 PM

very cute, can't wait to try it out!

homer2475953043 on craftsy.com
homer2475953043  February 27, 2013 7:34 AM

Hmmm, I don't know what I am doing wrong. I have tried this pattern twice and both times I end up with something that looks nothing like a bootie. It doesn't close up and the last round of stitches before the sl st ends up making the toe on the side. I am a fairly experienced crocheter so this is really puzzling me.

mom2boy on craftsy.com
mom2boy  March 7, 2013 9:39 PM

Mine did the same thing. I think it has to do with the first row, When you continue to stitch down the backside-something goes wrong. It would helpful to have a more clear description. In the other rows, I started my sc and hdc in the same stitch as the ch 1 stitch-you need to skip that stitch and begin in the next stitch. They are cute, hope I too can figure this out.

Tasha Childs on craftsy.com
Tasha Childs  February 17, 2014 10:13 PM

I had this very same problem and I found a super easy fix!
~Make your first slipper exactly as written in the pattern (this would be the right foot).
~For the second shoe (the left foot), follow the pattern as written, but when you finish the end of Round 7, turn your show inside out and keep it that way. Now your inside is on the outside and that will flip the little toe curve to the other side.
~Now work Round 8 and Round 9 exactly as written in the pattern and voila! You have a proper left and right shoe.

It does feel a little awkward when you begin Round 8 once it's inside out, but as long your stitch count is correct you shouldn't have any problems with it. Plus weaving the yarn in when you're finished helps to hide any little gaps or lumps you might end up with. The cuff of the slippers are slightly different because of this, but no one ever notices. I've made about a dozen slippers doing it this way and they're just darling.

Here's a pic, hopefully the link works, it's from my fb page.

Magpie3281 on craftsy.com
Magpie3281  February 15, 2013 6:13 PM

Hi there! I'm stuck at Round 7 of the pattern: Ch1, 8sc. 7 Hdc2tog. Sc 13. Slst into first stich. When I finish the 13 sc I still have over a dozen stitches from Round 6, creating a weird pooch. I'm not sure where I'm going wrong?

Magpie3281 on craftsy.com
Magpie3281  February 17, 2013 2:52 AM

Resolved! My crocheting newbie-ness found me doing some unintentional increases. :)

sj81 on craftsy.com
sj81  November 20, 2012 6:02 AM

I think the tutorials should have more photos.
Thus, people who perceive little English could also see the tutorials

MellonyBe on craftsy.com
MellonyBe  January 30, 2013 5:23 PM

Ah i am so sorry that the pattern doesn't have the type of yarn but you need 8ply yarn :)

myles Emily on craftsy.com
myles Emily  January 30, 2013 3:32 PM

how can i print the pattern

kathycorj1063229 on craftsy.com
kathycorj1063229  December 4, 2012 6:01 AM

Because of the size of the hook, I would guess that the yarn would be finer than worsted.

kathycorj1063229 on craftsy.com
kathycorj1063229  December 4, 2012 6:07 AM

This is from the Lion Brand Yarn Site

CATEGORY 2 SPORT WEIGHT: FINE, SPORT WEIGHT, BABY YARN
A light weight yarn used for babywear, sweaters, and lighter throws. UK/Australia approximate equivalent: 8 ply

crochet carol on craftsy.com
crochet carol  December 3, 2012 3:02 AM

are these made in worsted or double knitting yarn as the pattern does not say manythanks

crochet carol on craftsy.com
crochet carol  November 30, 2012 3:58 AM

could you say what yarn you used please as i would love to make these

erinoc15 on craftsy.com
erinoc15  November 18, 2012 11:16 PM

What kind of yarn did you use for these? A worsted weight or lighter style yarn? I'm just curious...thanks for the great pattern!

Basic Baby Booties Pattern