Sir Knight Helmet

from Cute & Crafty Crochet

Add your comment:

Jamye on craftsy.com
Jamye  September 15, 2014 8:12 AM

Hi I was just wondering if this hat is made with 2 strands of yarn or just one?

agamylis3199799 on craftsy.com
agamylis3199799  March 4, 2014 10:28 AM

I purchased the pattern but didn't get it. How come?

Hannah Burgess on craftsy.com
Hannah Burgess  December 27, 2013 4:45 PM

Hi I'm new to crocheting.. Near the end of the main helmet portion, you say "All sizes: Sc in next 2, sl st in next 2". I did round 12 to 9 inches. So after 9 inches, do i do the Sc in next 2, sl st in next 2 making it 4 stitches worth? or do I do "Sc in next 2, sl st in next 2" all the way around? hope you know what im trying to ask! thanks

Jessica Schmidt on craftsy.com
Jessica Schmidt  January 8, 2014 2:30 AM

SC in next 2 and sl st in next 2 for 4 stitches total and then you'll turn it and work from there

floffytop2473504 on craftsy.com
floffytop2473504  December 21, 2013 1:30 AM

Hello, I bought your pattern and loving it! I just have a quick question please: when doing the edge around the visor, do I just do sc all around (apart from the button loops where I do slst), or do I do sc, chain 2, sc like you mentioned but where do I do this? In the same space or do I place the chain (ch2) over a section like a loose loop? I hope you understand my babbling lol, not good with the terminology.

Jessica Schmidt on craftsy.com
Jessica Schmidt  January 8, 2014 2:31 AM

SC Chain 2 is only at the junction of your 2 pieces (at least thats how I'm doing it). It makes a slight loop but helps it stretch on the face a bit better.

devaspark2483242 on craftsy.com
devaspark2483242  December 17, 2013 2:24 AM

Hello, sorry for the bother, but I'm new to crocheting.. Near the end of the main helmet portion, you say "All sizes: Sc in next 2, sl st in next 2". I did round 12 to 8 inches. So after 8 inches, do i do the Sc in next 2, sl st in next 2 making it 4 stitches worth? or do I do "Sc in next 2, sl st in next 2" all the way around? Thank you!

Jessica Schmidt on craftsy.com
Jessica Schmidt  January 8, 2014 2:32 AM

cynthia.b294924 on craftsy.com
cynthia.b294924  December 2, 2013 11:49 AM

Before I buy the pattern, I would like to know what yarn weight is required to do this pattern. Thank you!

Martina Gardner  December 8, 2013 9:20 AM

This is made with worsted weight yarn. I used Vanna's Choice for the grey in the main photo.

wandaalan1364125 on craftsy.com
wandaalan1364125  November 26, 2013 1:44 PM

If I buy this pattern, is it going to be a picture tutorial, or a video I can watch?

Martina Gardner  December 8, 2013 9:21 AM

I have included a handful of photos to help with any areas that might have some difficulty.

Nathalie Coppens on craftsy.com
Nathalie Coppens  November 23, 2013 8:32 AM

I have a question about the pattern, I'm quite new to all this, and maybe it's a dumb question but i still hope you can help me.

"Sizes: All u sing J hook, this section is worked in the round without joining , ch2 do not count as a st. Place a st marker in the 1 st st in each round to keep your place"

This section is worked in the round without joining?
I don't get this. After I make my magic loop, I hdc 8 times. And I know the first ch2 doesn't count.But how can you work in the round without joining with a slip stitch?
I'm lost. :-) And a noob, I know.... :-p

Martina Gardner  December 8, 2013 9:22 AM

Yes, it is worked in a continous round to avoid unsightly seams in the helmet.

mjferman3089469 on craftsy.com
mjferman3089469  February 9, 2014 5:27 PM

Nathalie did you get a separate explanation on this? I don't understand either how it is worked on the round without joining.

Chrissy Hussey on craftsy.com
Chrissy Hussey  November 22, 2013 8:58 AM

I've tried three times now to purchase this pattern. It keeps saying that an error has occurred and won't let me checkout any other way! Please help! Is there another way I can purchase this?

Martina Gardner  December 8, 2013 9:23 AM

I am sorry you were having difficulties, I had a few others with this same issue, it had to due with something directly with Craftsy.

palyssa252424280 on craftsy.com
palyssa252424280  November 19, 2013 10:37 AM

Can someone please make a video! Please, it would be surely appreciated.

Nathalie Coppens on craftsy.com
Nathalie Coppens  November 23, 2013 8:32 AM

I would find it very helpful too. :-)

Martina Gardner  December 8, 2013 9:24 AM

I have this on my list of things to do, unfortunately, it won't be until mid 2014 before I will have time to complete it.

Jemileesmom on craftsy.com
Jemileesmom  November 18, 2013 6:56 PM

Can you tell me the yarn weight required for this? It doesn't say in the pattern description.

Martina Gardner  December 8, 2013 9:25 AM

leahsuare1282224 on craftsy.com
leahsuare1282224  February 25, 2013 5:24 PM

I just bought this pattern and am planning to make it for a friend. How do I know if I would need to make an Adult size or Large adult size? Sorry if its a dumb question, I'm pretty new to all of this. Thanks!

mjferman3089469 on craftsy.com
mjferman3089469  February 9, 2014 5:26 PM

I aslo do not understand how to work in the round if you are not joining the rows??? Help!!!

mjferman3089469 on craftsy.com
mjferman3089469  February 9, 2014 8:53 PM

Never mind - I found my answer. Thanks anyway!

Linda57 on craftsy.com
Linda57  February 4, 2014 2:57 PM

What do you mean by magic ring?

NeedErinYourTires on craftsy.com
NeedErinYourTires  February 10, 2013 0:49 PM

Just made one of these for a friend at work. Was surprised at how good it turned out considering I am still learning how to crochet! Am suspecting I will be asked to make more!

Martina Gardner  February 15, 2013 4:37 PM

Great job!

Jessica Schmidt on craftsy.com
Jessica Schmidt  February 4, 2013 3:46 AM

I'm loving this pattern! I'm in a medieval re-enactment group and everyone wants to be a knight :) I've altered it slightly by changing yarn on the visor instead of making separate vents. Easier for me and I'm hoping less chance of stitches breaking as that happens to me more when I piece things together!

Martina Gardner  February 15, 2013 4:36 PM

Thank you, please share a photo, I'd love to see all the knights!!

Jessica Schmidt on craftsy.com
Jessica Schmidt  February 16, 2013 3:49 AM

I only have a picture of my hubby wearing his but I've sold 6 already with orders for 6 more (5 completed).

MarRene on craftsy.com
MarRene  January 29, 2013 8:09 AM

This is a great pattern. I've made two for my grandsons so far. The only change I made to the pattern was to knit the visor all in one piece--just used decreases to mirror the first side. Much easier!

Atlantica on craftsy.com
Atlantica  January 29, 2013 9:14 PM

I had thought about doing that but wasn't sure if I could make it work.

Martina Gardner  February 15, 2013 4:35 PM

That's great, you made it your own!

robynilee on craftsy.com
robynilee  January 29, 2013 5:10 AM

I made this recently for my boyfriend, and as a beginner at crochet was really pleased to find something that wasn't too hard to make but still looks amazing - I've had so many people ask me to make them one! Thanks for creating such a great pattern.

Martina Gardner  February 15, 2013 4:34 PM

Thank you, I'm glad it was easy to follow and it turned out for you.

lilisor on craftsy.com
lilisor  January 29, 2013 1:31 AM

Great pattern! I made this crochet Knight Helmet as a gift for a friend and he is thrilled. So thnx for putting the pattern up for sale.

Martina Gardner  February 15, 2013 4:32 PM

Thank you, I love knowing that it is being enjoyed!!

shellsara1180767 on craftsy.com
shellsara1180767  January 19, 2013 3:55 PM

I purchased patten, but cannot access it. It come up as unsuccessful download.

Martina Gardner  January 20, 2013 7:02 AM

Please report all download problems directly to Craftsy. In the meantime I will email you a copy so you can get started!

leizakatrina on craftsy.com
leizakatrina  January 19, 2013 1:34 PM

I bought this pattern from your Etsy page, and I love it! Even without adding the visor, it's still great! Thank you!

Martina Gardner  January 20, 2013 7:01 AM

thank you!

llbell74 on craftsy.com
llbell74  January 9, 2013 11:36 AM

Can you please tell me what a "magic ring" is? The pattern starts off using one. Any and all help is much appeared!! Thanks!

Martina Gardner  January 11, 2013 8:38 AM

here is a video link for you to watch. If you are uncomfortable with this medthod, you can always ch2, and work the first 8 hdc into the the first ch(second ch from hook)

alignment1102470 on craftsy.com
alignment1102470  December 25, 2012 3:40 AM

I am new to following patterns, the line :

hdd in each st around, sc, sl st in next two stitches,

is confusing me, if I hdd around, how do I simultaneously single crochet and slip st into next two stitches ?

Lynne

Martina Gardner  December 25, 2012 10:36 AM

after you finish the round, school in the next st, so st in the next 2 sts

Tall Donna on craftsy.com
Tall Donna  December 22, 2012 10:49 PM

So does the pattern give adjustments for adult sizes?

Tall Donna on craftsy.com
Tall Donna  December 22, 2012 11:08 PM

Oops! Sorry, I just found where it gave more details of the pattern. Thank you!

Gingerfly on craftsy.com
Gingerfly  December 12, 2012 4:23 PM

I bought this pattern to make as a Christmas gift for my son-n-law at his request :) it was easy to follow the directions and it turned out great! My husband even asked me to make one for him! So I did,...that's two hats in a week.. Fun!

Martina Gardner  December 15, 2012 6:32 AM

That's fantastic!! Enjoy your holidays!

Lyrics on craftsy.com
Lyrics  December 10, 2012 7:34 AM

I am finishing my first Helmet, and I am so happy the way it is turning out I have five grandsons, 9 to 3 who will be getting one! this is one of the first patterns I have gotten that really is working up to look like the picture. Your kids are lucky to have such a creative mom, who then shares with the rest of us! Happy Holidays!

Martina Gardner  December 11, 2012 0:00 PM

Thank you! I am glad you are enjoying the pattern and loving the results!

Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Sir Knight Helmet Pattern