PDF Digital Download
Have you made this pattern?
Share with the Craftsy community.
When in Rome, do like the Romans do! It won't be that hard when you'd be wearing a helmet like this!
Now you can make your very own very sweet Roman or Spartan style crochet helmet, with this easy to follow crochet pattern! ^^ The pattern describes how you can make this hat yourself in a wimp, it's more easy than it looks. :)
The hat has cheek plates on the side, and a large red mohawk or mohecan on top.
The pattern is for a size M-L hat, suitable for a head circumference of 50-56cm / 19.6-21.3 inch.
Needed to make this pattern:
- A 4.0mm/size G (6) crochet needle
- Light worsted weight yarn, in the following colours: grey, light grey, red, yellow. The amount of yarn you need is described in the pattern.
- Fiberfill for stuffing.
- A sewing needle.
- Optional but handy: sewing pins
Needed skills to make this pattern:
- Basic sewing skills, to put the hat together
- The ability to increase and decrease stitches
- Magic ring
- Chain stitches
- Single crochet
- Slip stitches
- Front loop only / back loop only
- Crochet on bottom side of a chain
The pattern is written in English using US crochet terms, using abbreviations. A list of the abbreviations used and their explanation is included in the pattern.
Skill level: advanced beginner.
Hi there! :)
My name is Joyce, I'm an artist. To raise funds for my art projects I've started to sell crochet patterns. Feel free to add me on Facebook or to ask me questions about the patterns themselves. :)