Basic Skills Necessary:
- Read a crochet patter
- Basic sewing skills
I love the crocodile stich and thought it would make great plumage for a bird. The Baby Owl cocoon uses the staggered crocodile stich for the Owls belly which can be sewn shut to make a classic cocoon, or left open on one side using Velcro strips to secure - much like a sleeping bag. This pattern includes step-by-step tutorials and pictorials to guide the advanced intermediate crocheter throughout.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Directions are for Newborn to 3 months
- Finished Cocoon Circumference: 26"
- Finished Length: 18"
- Finished Hat Circumference: 14 1/2"
- Bernat Super Value 4 ply worsted weight yarns: 2.5 ounces (71 grams) lavender, 7 ounces (198 grams) white, 3 ounces (85 grams) purple, 3/4 ounces (22 grams) mint green, 3/4 ounces (22 grams) light blue and 3/4 ounces (22 grams) ounces light yellow. 4 yards black.
You Will Also Need:
- Crochet hook size H (5mm), 4 stitch markers and 1 darning needle. White sewing thread and needle. 21" of Velcro for belly opening on cocoon - Optional.
Bernat Super Value
Lavendar, purple, mint green