Add your comment:

soccermom02 on craftsy.com
soccermom02  Last response: March 11, 2014 8:58 PM

I ordered this pattern on 3/11/2014 at 10:31 pm and I got a email confirming it but it isn't in my pattern library, do u know how to fix that?

JeanieK on craftsy.com
JeanieK  March 21, 2014 8:46 PM

If it is still missing from your pattern library, send an email to the address on your payment confirmation and I can email a copy of the pattern to you.

lizabearrr on craftsy.com
lizabearrr  November 25, 2013 6:06 PM

This was a great pattern. Easy to figure out and you can finish it in an hour or so.

MarieAStave on craftsy.com
MarieAStave  October 24, 2013 8:47 AM

These are superquick and so easy to make. Adorable!

lmmitch2082048 on craftsy.com
lmmitch2082048  October 10, 2013 0:41 PM

I am new to this site. I worked at a hospital a few yeaars back and some elderly ladies in the community like these to fill up their time in front of the TV. One lady brought in a small garbage bag full to donate wherever we saw fit. We donated to a hospital with a neonatal unit with many babies who were so tiny. They loved them!!! I thought they were too tiny but found they were perfect. Just a thought.

EchoLin161286296 on craftsy.com
EchoLin161286296  May 3, 2013 3:04 AM

cute hat, i love the purple color

csoko08699774 on craftsy.com
csoko08699774  May 21, 2012 8:08 AM

I make baby hats for the hospitals and these look so nice and easy

Georgiamay on craftsy.com
Georgiamay  February 2, 2014 8:11 PM

I can't figure out the 'slip ring'...

Nana Lorie on craftsy.com
Nana Lorie  January 26, 2013 5:14 PM

FYI - I'm a maternity nurse and the average newborn head is 13.5". Make sure these are long enough our they will look like a skull cap/yamika [sp]. You can always fold them up. We have little grannies making these for the nursery and they are never long enough.

JeanieK on craftsy.com
JeanieK  February 1, 2013 1:54 PM

Thanks, that's a good tip. What do you recommend for the hat depth from crown to brim? I've been using the 6" crochet hook as a guide for both width & depth. Have asked the nurses and they've said the fit is fine, but I don't know any babies to try them on to be sure. :-)

AmandaTriebner on craftsy.com
AmandaTriebner  October 8, 2012 11:27 PM

I love this pattern, and have made many many many of them. I only have one problem.... You need more sizes, cause this is the perfect hat for older babies and children too!!!!

Franstuff on craftsy.com
Franstuff  August 21, 2013 4:48 AM

Experiment by adding more crown rows and more stitches to the last crown row. If you follow her formula for making larger or smaller baby hats you should be able to work it out.

3boys2girls on craftsy.com
3boys2girls  October 1, 2012 7:57 PM

This pattern was very easy! I have made several to send to a local hospital for newborns!

KTemple on craftsy.com
KTemple  February 25, 2012 11:22 AM

love this pattern have new grandson coming soon gotta have these

marley pauline on craftsy.com
marley pauline  March 4, 2012 5:13 PM

I love this pattern and your hats so cute

kmdod50934 on craftsy.com
kmdod50934  March 7, 2012 6:38 AM

wish this was also in knit

Lola721 on craftsy.com
Lola721  March 28, 2012 3:25 AM

Yes, I wish that you have this in knitting pattern, too!

mccombie5621233 on craftsy.com
mccombie5621233  April 14, 2012 9:09 AM

just learn to crochet!

Franstuff on craftsy.com
Franstuff  August 21, 2013 4:50 AM

I don't know why this is, but often people who knit have trouble crocheting, and vise versa. I don't crochet fancy, but I can do man stitches and keep guage, but knitting gives me fits. Although I have found the "picking" instead of "throwing" works better for me. I won't give up.. One day I Will KNIT

grandma70 on craftsy.com
grandma70  September 21, 2013 10:13 AM

knitting is softer to babies' heads; have experience with two preemies, too. Soft is very important as well as non-allergic yarn...no wool!

athenahal1695959 on craftsy.com
athenahal1695959  September 26, 2013 1:54 PM

People who normally crochet & want to learn to knit, have an easier time if they learn continental knitting instead of throwing the yarn over. It is because they are holding the yarn in the same way they crochet. I am a yarn thrower. So I am not trying to say one way is better than another.

lmmitch2082048 on craftsy.com
lmmitch2082048  October 10, 2013 0:45 PM

never heard of throwing or picking!and I can't knit either.

lmmitch2082048 on craftsy.com
lmmitch2082048  October 10, 2013 0:47 PM

I wound think that if you use baby yarn it would be soft. I love yarn by Deborah Norval..soft and stretchy but my store in town stopped carrying it. Fantastic for scarfs. Would be good for small hats.

Starfire61 on craftsy.com
Starfire61  April 19, 2012 4:02 PM

These are very cute! I've crocheted doilies before, so I'm thinking that these new born baby hats wouldn't be that hard, Will they be easy?

susiethomemaker on craftsy.com
susiethomemaker  April 20, 2012 8:54 PM

I've already made one of these and it is easy and works up quickly. Good luck and have fun! :)

barbdwyer on craftsy.com
barbdwyer  February 2, 2013 4:22 AM

Hats are super-easy! I can usually work one up in a few hours (3 or so). I'm an intermediate crocheter and love to stitch up a hat for stress relief because of their ease and quickness. :-) It gives me immediate gratification when I start getting bogged down while working on an intricate or lengthy project, such as a sweater or afghan. Good luck and have fun!

2candyjo on craftsy.com
2candyjo  April 23, 2012 9:57 AM

The pattern doesn't say how many stitches to chain at the beginning and is very hard to understand the way it is written.

JeanieK on craftsy.com
JeanieK  April 24, 2012 3:51 PM

The pattern was updated on 4/2/12, that version is now in your pattern library. If that doesn't answer your questions, please send an email and I'll be glad to try to help, Jeaniek

Magentia on craftsy.com
Magentia  April 23, 2012 8:32 PM

Easy and super cute pattern. Made 3 today in pink, blue and white.

cutesy crochet on craftsy.com
cutesy crochet  May 17, 2012 5:34 PM

I always crochet a baby blanket when I hear of a relative or friend that's pregnant. These little caps would be so nice to include with the blanket. Can't wait to get the pattern & start crocheting.

schleswig on craftsy.com
schleswig  June 4, 2012 0:16 PM

Hi everyone. I finished one of each color and donated them to the hospital.They were exited. i love the Fit. PERFECT.

Greeniz on craftsy.com
Greeniz  June 30, 2012 6:12 PM

Thank you! This is exactly what I needed to know. My first grandchild (a girl) will be born any day. They said they were getting enough blankets : ( So I was hoping these would fit a newborn so I can send these. Thanks!

Coukkii on craftsy.com
Coukkii  September 10, 2012 6:58 PM

I'd like to thank Jeanie for this pattern that works up rather quickly. I have used the hat I made as an inspiration for the Hats for Preemies project my group is working on. I have also posted it on my blog (thecoukkiijar.blogspot.com) and linkied it back to your page here on Craftsy so others may purchase the pattern.

Newborn Caps - Baby Hats Pattern