Basic Skills Necessary:
- Double Crochet - DC
- Single Crochet - SC
- 2-DC TOG
This easy to crochet Earflap Hat will keep your head and ears nice and cozy during the cold weather. Available in 4 sizes, you can make these for every member of your family.
The added bonus of this pattern is that you can easily omit the earflaps and just create a cozy Beanie instead.
Also included is a simple clip-on 6-Petal Flower pattern so you can add a little feminine touch if desired. The clip-on flower can also be used on your hair, clothing or wherever needs a splash of color.
As always, this pattern comes with the US and UK stitch versions included
6 dc's/tr's and 4 rows = 2 inches.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- 2T-5T H/5mm hook 8 inches from crown to rim edge. 18-20 inch circumference at rim of hat. Earflaps are 4 inches long.
- 5T-Preteen I/5.5mm hook 8 1/4 inches from crown to rim edge. 20-21 inch circumference at rim of hat. Earflaps are 4 1/2 inches long.
- Adult Regular J/6mm hook 8 1/2 inches from crown to rim edge. 21-22 inch circumference at rim of hat. Earflaps are 5 inches long.
- Adult Large K/6.5mm hook 9 inches from crown to rim edge 22-23 inch circumference at rim of hat.; Earflaps are 5 1/2 inches long.
- H/5mm hook for 2T-5T
- I/5.5mm hook for 5T-Preteen
- J/6mm hook for Adult Regular
- K/6.5mm hook for Adult Large
- 1 or 2 balls Sirdar Crofter DK or other DK/Light Worsted weight yarn ~ Atleast 50 grams, 170 metres, 184 yards
You Will Also Need:
- Yarn needle to weave in ends.