Twist up your hat collection with this offbeat cabled hat designed by Anne Kuo Lukito. Knit in-the-round with your choice of any bright Manos Del Uruguay Extrafine Merino wool, which is hand-dyed and wound by women working at The Manos Cooperatives, part of the World Fair Trade Organization. You'll love this soft, smooth wool and all of the bright colors that it comes in. Buy yourself a few hanks and mix-and-match colors for an even funkier twist! Even better, every hank of Manos yarn you purchase helps a woman in Uruguay support her family.
Manos Del Uruguay
Manos del Uruguay is a non-profit social organization founded in 1968 that employs women artisans in rural areas of Uruguay. The mission of Manos del Uruguay is poverty eradication through sustainable economic development that allows artisans to improve the quality of their handicrafts and through this training continue to develop.
Sizing / Finished Measurements
- Sizes: Fits heads up to 22" circumference
- Finished Measurements: Brim Circumference - 18¾"
Manos Del Uruguay Maxima
- 1 hank in your color choice (model garment shown in Chartreuse)
- Fiber Content: 100% Extrafine Merino Wool
- Weight / Yardage: 100 g / 219 yds
- Knitting Weight: #4 Worsted
- Care Instructions: Hand wash in cold water, dry flat
Other Supplies Needed:
- US 7 (4.5mm), 16" circular needles for beret
- US 8 (5mm), 16" circular needles
- US 8 (5mm) set of double-pointed needles
- Stitch markers
- Cable needles
- Tapestry needle
CLICK HERE for Tools & Notions to help you complete this project kit!