Keep toasty warm with these Old World-styled Fair Isle mittens with an easy peasant thumb and a Latvian loop stitch cuff. Fall in love with the darling leaf-inspired pattern that will transport you to quaint villages in the Russian countryside. With a simple fair isle pattern, these mittens are suitable for adventurous beginners and experts alike.
Blue Sky Alpacas
start sizing details
Sizing / Finished Measurements
- Hand circumference: 7½"
- Length: 11½"
- Hand circumference: 8½"
start yarn / fabric details
Included in kit:
- Blue Sky Alpacas Sport Weight Yarn
- The following colors and skeins are included dependent on size:
- S/M: 1 skein in Scarlet, 1 skein in Natural White
- M/L: 1 skein in Scarlet, 1 skein in Natural White
- Fiber Content: 100% Baby Alpaca
- Weight/Yardage: 50 g/ 110 yds (per skein)
- Gauge: In colorwork, 7 stitches and 7 rows = 1 inch
- Knitting Weight: 4-Worsted
- Care Instructions: Dry clean or hand wash gently
Other supplies needed (not included in kit):
- US 6 double pointed needles or size needed to obtain gauge
- Stitch markers
- Tapestry needle
start pattern details
Pattern - Olga's Mittens
- Designed By: Rachel Russ
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Basic Skills Needed:
- Knit in the round
- Pattern Delivery: This is a PDF downloadable pattern. Pattern will be available in your Craftsy Pattern Library once you complete your purchase