An easy-care yarn that is durable and machine washable, you'll love how Hometown USA knits up in this cozy Mountain Mists Afghan. With a bold geometric design, this afghan is worked in strips and then sewn together. Each strip is worked in triangle sections, resulting in a beautiful afghan that you'll adore for years to come.
Lion Brand Yarns
Lion Brand Yarn Company is a 135 year-old family owned and operated brand devoted to inspiring and educating knitters and crocheters with yarns, patterns, how-tos and ideas that elevate their crafting experience.
Sizing / Finished Measurements
- Finished Measurements: Approximately 45 x 54 in.
(114.5 x 137 cm)
Supplies - Lion Brand Hometown
- Yarn Included: 15 balls of Lion Brand Hometown Yarn - Las Vegas Gold (3), Portland Wine (3), Seattle Sea Mist (3), Little Rock Granite (3), and Denver Rocky Mountains (3)
- Fiber Content: 94% Acrylic, 6% Rayon in Little Rock Granite, 100% Acrylic in all other colors
- Weight/Yardage: 113g / 64 yds per ball of Little Rock Granite, 140g / 81 yds in all other colors
- Knitting Weight: #6 Super Bulky
- Care Instructions: Machine wash and tumble dry
- Other Supplies Needed:
- Knitting needles size 15 (10 mm)
- Large-eyed blunt needle
Pattern - Mountain Mists Afghan
- Difficulty: Beginner
- Basic Skills Needed: Knitting & purling, k2tog & k3tog, increases colorwork, basic sewing (5 strips worked separately, then sewn together)
- Gauge: 9 sts + 16 rows = about 4 in. (10 cm) in Garter st (k every row)
- Pattern Delivery: This is a PDF downloadable pattern. Pattern will be available in your Craftsy Pattern Library once you complete your purchase.