Knit with the brilliant hues of autumn! The Blazing Blocks Afghan combines fifteen colors of Lion Brand Heartland beautifully as each block of color is worked up separately and the piece is then finished with a handsome border. This intarsia colorwork afghan is a stunning heirloom that you?ll cherish for years to come.
Lion Brand Yarns
Lion Brand Yarn Company is a 135 year-old family owned and operated brand devoted to inspiring and educating knitters and crocheters with yarns, patterns, how-tos and ideas that elevate their crafting experience.
Sizing / Finished Measurements
- Finished Measurements: 44 x 54" (112 x 137 cm)
Supplies - Lion Brand Yarn - Heartland Yarn
- Yarn Included: 19 balls of Lion Brand Heartland Yarn
Great Smoky Mountains (1), Redwood (1), Black Canyon (3), Glacier Bay (1), Grand Canyon (1), Olympic (1), Hot Springs (2), Everglades (2), Shenandoah (1), Sequoia (1), Denali (1), Isle Royale (1), Joshua Tree (1), Yellowstone (1), and Yosemite (1)
- Fiber Content: 100% premium acrylic
- Weight/Yardage: 142g / 251yds per ball
- Knitting Weight: #4 Worsted
- Care Instructions: Machine wash and dry
- Other Supplies Needed:
- Circular knitting needle size 8 (5 mm), 40 in. (101.5 cm) long
- A large-eyed blunt needle
Pattern - Blazing Blocks Afghan
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Basic Skills Needed: Knit, purl, knitting in the round, intarsia
- Gauge: 16 sts + 23 1/2 rows = about 4 in. (10 cm) in St st (k on RS, p on WS)
- Pattern Delivery: This is a PDF downloadable pattern. Pattern will be available in your Craftsy Pattern Library once you complete your purchase.