From designer Anne Kuo Lukito:
A cozy, fluffy cowl is my go-to accessory for almost any weather. When I design accessories like shawls and cowls, I always try to keep the reversibility of such garments in mind. For Barton Springs, I designed a well-defined reversible stitch pattern so that it looks great no matter how you style your cowl. There is no real "wrong side." Twisted stitches in the pattern allow stitches to really stand out and pop, particularly when worked in a looser gauge, because the twists lock the stitches in place after stretching and blocking, showing off the ribbed columns.
Lorna's Laces is the world of artisan yarn company. They hand-dye some of the world's finest yarns with the most beautiful colors!
Sizing / Finished Measurements
- Sizes: Snug, loose & extra loose sizing included in pattern
- Finished Circumference: 31.5 (42, 57.75)"
- Finished Height (deepest): 13"
Lorna's Laces Honor Yarn
- 2 skeins of your color choice (sample garment shown in 'Manzanita')
- Fiber Content: 70% Baby Alpaca / 30% Silk
- Weight/Yardage: 100g/275yds
- Knitting Weight: #3 DK
- Care Instructions: Hand wash, dry flat
Other Supplies Needed:
- Knitting Needles: US 7 / 4.5 mm 40"/ 80 cm circular needle
- A large-eyed blunt needle
CLICK HERE for Tools & Notions to help you complete this project kit!
Barton Springs Cowl
- Designed By: Anne Kuo Lukito
- Difficulty: Adventurous Beginner
- Basic Skills Needed: Knit, purl, twisted stitches, twisted decreases, working in
- Gauge: 28 sts and 24 rnds = 5"/ 12 cm wide and 4.5"/ 11.5 cm tall (1 pattern repeat worked twice). While it's still advisable to check gauge to
obtain the best results possible, gauge is not critical in this pattern.
- Pattern Delivery: This is a PDF downloadable pattern. Pattern will be available in your Craftsy Pattern Library once you complete your purchase.