Alfajores, sugary cookies found in Spain and Latin America, are made with a coating of sugar and filled with almonds and honey. The Alfajor hat might not be made of sugar, but it can give you all the sweetness without the calories! A one skein project, this hat is made from a combination of simple eyelet lace and ribbing. You'll love how quickly this summer wardrobe essential knits up!
Manos Del Uruguay
Manos del Uruguay is a non-profit social organization founded in 1968 that employs women artisans in rural areas of Uruguay. The mission of Manos del Uruguay is poverty eradication through sustainable economic development that allows artisans to improve the quality of their handicrafts and through this training continue to develop.
Sizing / Finished Measurements
- Size: One size fits all, measures 20 1/2" in circumference, can stretch to fit up to 24" circumference
Manos Del Uruguay Serena
- 1 hank of your color choice (model garment shown in Glacier)
- Fiber Content: 60% baby alpaca, 40% pima cotton
- Weight / Yardage: 50 g / 197 yds
- Knitting Weight: #3 DK
- Care Instructions: Hand wash in cold water, dry flat
Other Supplies Needed:
- US #3/3.25mm 16" circular and dpn, or size to obtain
- Stitch markers
- Tapestry needle
CLICK HERE for Tools & Notions to help you complete this project kit!
- Designed By: Lisa R. Myers
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Basic Skills Needed: Knit, purl, working on double-pointed needles, working on circular needles, twisted stitches, cabling, decreasing, reading a chart
- Gauge: 28 sts and 44 rnds = 4" over Twisted Ribbing, relaxed
- Pattern Delivery: This is a PDF downloadable pattern. Pattern will be available in your Craftsy Pattern Library once you complete your purchase.