Master the two-color cast-on with these beautiful Sawatch mittens knitted up in Lorna's Laces amazing Shepherd Worsted yarn, featuring 100% superwash Merino wool, braided trim, and gusseted thumbs. Sunne Meyer's Stranded Colorwork: Basics & Beyond course shows you the basics of stranded colorwork, along with her best tips and tricks for fitting your mitts, troubleshooting mistakes, and blocking for a professional finish. Complete your lovely pair of Sawatch Mittens with unique embellishments and Sunne's expert techniques for adding festive flair. You'll love the cozy feel and striking style of these creative mittens, a wonderful way to keep the cold weather at bay!
Stranded Colorwork: Basics & Beyond
Sawatch Mittens Kit
Sizing/Finished Measurements (Blocked):
- Mitten: 9.75" x 3.87"
- Thumb: 3" x 1.75"
Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted:
- Skeins Included: 1 each of "Pewter" (main color)
& "Pine" (contrast color)
- Fiber Content: 100% Superwash Merino Wool
- Yardage: 114 g / 225 yds in each skein
- Knitting Weight: 4-Worsted
- Gauge in mid-mitten pattern:
- Blocked - 11 st x 2"
- Unblocked - 12 st x 2"
- Care Instructions: Machine wash cold. Machine dry until just damp, and lay flat to finish.
Other Supplies Needed:
- Needles: Size US 8 (5 mm) dpn or long circular
needle for magic loop
- Notions: tapestry needle, scrap yarn, or stitch markers
**Please note, the Sawatch Mittens pattern is only included with purchase of the Stranded Colorwork: Basics & Beyond course with Sunne Meyer!