Instructions1) Cut out pieces for the teddy bear and appliqued them to the yellow 12X12fabric
2) Make flowers with satin ribbon and attached them to the yellow fabric
3) Join the flowers to teddy bear's hand by chain stitch using green thread
4) Join the 4.5 squares, 12X4.5 strips and 12X12 yellow square as shown in the picture
5) Make the quilt sandwich with the appliqued fabric, batting ...
Read full instructions »
Type of item: Home Decor
Style: Cute, Casual, Holiday, Preppy
1) 12X12 yellow square 2) 12X4.5 strips - 4nos 3) 4.5X4.5 squares - 1no 4) Brown fabric for teddy bear and border strips 5) trim like satin ribbons, buttons, thread 6) Batting, background fabric
What was your inspiration?
I found the template for teddy bear in a color book for children and there was a similar stenciled teddy bear quilt in a 1990 handcrafts magazine
What are you most proud of?
I love the way the wall hanging has turned out to be. It can also be used as table cloth for end table.
What advice would you give someone starting this project?
It is faster to applique the teddy bear using sewing machine (button stitch)