I am blessed to have such a beautiful and loving daughter. We spent a year designing and altering this pattern. The only pattern piece used was a a surplice bodice front that was altered from a size 12 knit pattern. All other pieces were created to match the redesigned front bodice pattern piece. The 360 circle skirt is 46 in long and took at least 4 meters of wide bridal satin. I suggest you make the pattern then determine the required yardage. The attached cape was drafted from the created pattern shoulder and back V. I inserted a side seam invisible zipper to avoid a distracting seam in the back of the cape. We knew the bride wanted the cape to drape and be elbow length in the front and hip length in the back. The pattern was created in paper first and fullness was added by slash & spread method from hem to neck edge until we liked the drape. I used knowledge gained from several Craftsy classes but this is the class that got me started.