Jacket is made of 2 layers of medium weight organic cotton. Outer layer is a burgundy and inner layer is a pink. I used the AC paisley stencil with a deep red paint. Reverse appliqued with perle cotton in red and backstitched. I purposely did not cut away the appliqued areas of the stencil in the upper areas of the sleeve because I really like the contrast of the painted/stitched with the cut away areas. Also I did quite a bit of altering to the pattern before doing the AC version. I removed about 2 inches of fullness in the front and through the shawl collar and I straightened out the bottom edge
as I didn't like the points at the bottom. Before altering I felt like the jacket was just way too big and bulky in the front - which is an area of my body I didn't want to add extra bulk :>) I worked on this for about 2 months. I enjoyed the stitching but was really ready to get it done!