Instersections - Finished

Project Description

What are you most proud of? I finally finished the Intersections Quilt yesterday. It took two days to do the stitch-in-the-ditch, quilt the blocks and the border, add the binding and label. The design I created to quilt the blocks was done in my 14" hoop (which requires a turn to complete both sides of the design). I was trying to get the effect of having done the quilting using a long arm quilting machine. Unless you look very closely, you can't see the design within individual blocks - the quilting does look continuous. The quilting is more obvious on the back. Again, I inserted a strip of fabrics from the top of the quilt - so I could get away with just a single length of backing fabric. There weren't quite enough scraps left of the fabrics from the front, so I added others in green and blue tones from my scrap stash, but you can't tell - they blend well with those from the top of the quilt. I also quilted the border: this time I didn't do it free stitching the machine stitch (loops), I created another embroidery to use in the endless hoop - I was surprised how easy it was to align the individual embroideries so that they joined up - unless you look closely you can't see the joins - I was very pleased with that.

What you will need

  • I used a collection of 1/4 yard batik fabrics (shades of green) from Keepsake Quilting. I added to that collection from my stash to bring out the blues within the greens.

Q&A with jmn111

No completed Q&As yet.