Wow. That's gorgeous! What was your technique for "finding, building, making" your big flowers?
Eve Dembowski answered:
The flowers were a bit of a happy accident. I used a gold mesh and another gold/pink shiny material I bought years ago to make a costume for one of the kids. I roughly cut out a flower shapes from both and layered them together. I put a small piece of interface behind and just machine stiched them together. Some I added and center made of a different material, some not, just did some heavy stitching to create a middle. All the flowers were a bit different and I did reject some. I then sewed them on the quilt. On many I did a spiral from the center when I attached them to the quilt. My sewing machine was giving me problems so it looks pretty messy, however I really like the end result and my husband loves it.