Learn Kaye England's precise piecing methods and make 12 traditional blocks, inspired by the stories of strong women of the Civil War era.
One of the biggest names in quilting comes to Craftsy! Quilter, author and teacher Kaye England brings her expertise in traditional quilting to this information-packed online Craftsy class. Kaye travels the world to teach her precise and efficient piecing methods, inspired by quilting traditions from around the world and the stories of strong women throughout history. Just like Kaye's in-person workshops, you'll be inspired, you'll learn a ton, and you'll have a lot of fun - all without leaving your home!gIn Re-Piecing the Past, you'll learn foundational piecing techniques as you work through 12 included block patterns, each with its own story to tell - from Harriet Beecher Stowe's "Uncle Tom's Cabin" to "Battle Cry of Freedom," a song so popular it was sung on both sides of the Mason-Dixon line.
There's something in Kaye's class for every quilter from beginning to advanced. Don't wait for Kaye to come to your town - sign up for Re-Piecing the Past today!
What You'll Learn in Re-Piecing the Past:
* Why you should wait to press your quilt top until it's done
* How to "listen to your fabric"
* How to piece 12 original blocks, each with a Civil War story
* What's wrong with marking, pinning and pressing - and what to do instead
* How to make Kaye's signature offset block layouts
* New twists on half- and quarter-square triangles, flying geese, nine-patch blocks, and more!
We want you to enjoy every minute of your Craftsy experience. So if you're not thrilled just let us know. We'll make it right.