Your own Fall Quilt Market booth, $1,500 cash to build your brand, a new Janome sewing machine, and so much more — that’s what awaits the winner of our third annual Quilt Designer Fellowship!
We’re looking for designers with a distinctive style and original point of view, and we would love to see your work.
The application includes a 400-word essay telling our judges about what makes your quilting style unique, examples of how you’ve grown your business, and what winning the Fellowship would mean to you.
In addition, we ask that you submit 4-6 images that represent your work. These can be finished quilts or designs — whatever you think best shows off your quilt design style and expertise. We recommend including a few different projects so that judges can see the breadth of your work.
Due to complex legal restrictions on contests, this fellowship is only open to U.S. quilters.
The deadline for submission is March 5, 2018. The winner will be notified on April 13, 2018.
This year’s Fellowship winner will take home:
- A booth at Fall Quilt Market, valued at $1,500
- $1,500 cash to help you prepare for Quilt Market
- A Janome Horizon Memory Craft 9400 sewing machine, valued at $4,999
- $500 of Boundless and/or Lily & Loom fabric
- 1 year of Craftsy Unlimited to help you learn more, valued at $120
All applications will be judged on the following criteria:
- Creativity: Fresh, original design aesthetic that encourages and inspires more people to quilt
- Initiative: Motivation and drive to succeed in business, within the quilting industry
- Design potential: Overall aesthetic and design marketability
Let’s celebrate creativity together
At Craftsy we’re all about helping creativity grow, whether your dream is to complete your first quilt — or launch your own quilting business. Our Quilt Designer Fellowship celebrates the next generation of quilting visionaries by helping up-and-coming designers establish professional credentials and gain marketplace exposure.
We can’t wait to see what you create!