We’re thrilled to have newly minted Craftsy instructor and renowned nutritionist Ellie Krieger sharing a sneak-peek from her online class, Flavor Comes First: Healthy Meals That Taste Delicious. Today she’s whipping up an avocado green goddess recipe so delicious and versatile, salads are just the tip of the iceberg of tasty possibilities.
Avocado Green Goddess Recipe
Yield: Serves 6
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1½ cups (360 ml) low-fat buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 scallions, green and white parts, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup (7 g) fresh tarragon
- ¼ cup (7 g) fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- ½ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- Pinch white pepper
Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
Dress wedges of romaine lettuce hearts, scattered with halved cherry tomatoes.
- Serving size: ⅓ cup (80 ml)
- Per serving: Calories 90; Total Fat 6 g (Mono Fat 3.5 g, Poly Fat 1.5 g, Sat Fat 1 g); Protein 2 g; Carb 7 g; Fiber 3 g; Cholesterol 5 mg; Sodium 27 0mg
- Excellent source of: Vitamin K
- Good source of: calcium, Vitamin C