Basic Skills Necessary:
- This project is made using basic sewing, quilting and embroidery skills
I designed this pattern with my mom in mind. She loves to embroider and doesn't like applique. So this pattern is for my mom, she inspired me. Celebrate a snowy day with this table runner/pillow pattern! It can easily be completed in a weekend. It would also make a wonder retreat project. It can be easily made out of fabrics in your stash, the DMC thread colors can be switched up to match whatever fabric you choose.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- The pattern is written so this design can either be a table runner or pillow. Both measure 18" x 18"
- Yardage is based on 44"-45" wide fabric, the sample is made with Moda's 12 days of Christmas by Kate Spain
- Pieced Border: 1/2 total fabric to yield 56 2 1/2" squares, the scrappier the better!
- Picture border: 1/8 yard coordinating fabric
- Backing & Binding: 3/4 yard coordinating fabric
- Yo-yo's: 8" x 8" coordinating fabric
- Batting 18" x18"
- Center: 12" x 12" cream fabric or muslin
- Pillow backing: 1/2 yard coordinating fabric
You Will Also Need:
- DMC floss in the following colors: 632 brown, 351 orange, 3766 blue, 326 cranberry, 3363 green, 3328 dark mauve
- Clover 30 mm yo-yo maker (optional)
- water soluble transfer pen
- 18" pillow form