Basic Skills Necessary:
- Fine wire wrapping
- Measuring and cutting wire
- Tool use
- Wiring together small fiddly wire pieces
- Discovering some measurements for yourself as your briolette bead may be a different size to the one used in the tutorial
- Basic math
This tutorial teaches how to make a beautiful wire ornate bead cap and bail for a very large briolette bead.
Instructions are included for the pendant - not the chain or clasp.
This tutorial requires small fiddly work and the ability to discover some measurements by trial and error as your briolette will likely be of different dimensions than the one shown here. If you're not confident with this try to find a briolette close to the size of the one used in the tutorial. Measurements given are in cm/mm. Some basic math and measuring is required.
- 22g square soft wire (optional)
- 22g round soft wire
- 24g round half hard wire
- 28g round soft wire
- Sixteen 2mm round spacer beads
- Three 2.5mm round spacer beads
- Two 3mm round spacer beads
- One 4mm round spacer bead
- A very large, wide, heart or teardrop shaped briolette bead - a 39L x 28W x 12mm deep gemstone is used here. Note: 24g wire should be able to fit through the briolette hole. I haven't tried it with 26g h/h, but 28g is definitely too fine.
- Flush cutter
- Fine round nose pliers
- Bent nose pliers
- Flat nose pliers
- Fine sand paper or fine steel wool to remove pen marks (optional)
- Marker pen and ruler