Basic Skills Necessary:
- basic embroidery stitches
- This is a basic stitchery pattern, . There are no finishing instrucions!
- This pattern uses a simple backstitch, french knots, chain stitch, satin stitch, and the lazy daisy stitch....however, feel free to experiment with any stitches you'd like to try.
This pattern is a design only, there are no finishing instructions. You could make a small wallhanging,or put it on a tote or gift bag or small cushion. My design stems from my desire to give my blog readers a gift to help celebrate my 4th year of blogging, hence the 4 candles. You may add or delete as many candles as you need for your special occasion. Please..... Enjoy!
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- 6 1/2 inch unfinished block
- 8 Inch square background fabric of choice
- 6 inch square of fusible Parlan/Pellon or Weaveline which you will need to centre and fuse to the reverse of the background fabric, once the design is traced.
You Will Also Need:
Read blog or news article about this pattern »
- stranded embroidery threads of your choice in your choice of colours. You will be using 2 strands of embroidery floss but you may choose to stitch with one for the finer details.
- embroidery needle
- embroidery scissors