Basic Skills Necessary:
- Crochet in rounds
- Single crochet
- Slip stitch
- Double crochet
- Magic ring
- double increasing (3 sc in 1 st)
- double decreasing (sc3tog)
Cats are great animals to have as pets and they are indeed a very clever species!
I have heard many tales of cats doing some really unusual things associated with intelligence of a very high level.
Most of what I have heard sounded so incredible that I even used to think that these stories were highly exaggerated.
Especially the ones which talk about cats entering certain premises undetected in spite of heavy security systems and burglar alarms being installed.
However, I am aware that there are some cats that are exceptionally clever and are almost able to sense the moods of humans around them.
Make your own cat and see if he is as clever as this one.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- Cat - Approx. 15 cm (6 inches) high and 15 cm (6 inches) long Hat and tie - square top - 4.5 x 4.5 cm (1.7 x 1.7 inches), diameter of the cap - 3 cm (1.17 inches), tie 5 cm (2 inches) long
- Hook 1.25 mm (body) and 1 mm (nose, hat and tie)
- Yarn (body) Light Fingering / 3 ply - I used MOHAIR DELICATE (NAKO) (40% mohair, 60% acrilic) 100 g/500 m - approx. 1/2 of skein
- Yarn (nose) - some of any pink yarn, which is slightly thinner than the yarn for the body
- Copper wire with plastic covering - approx. 1 m (for the frame)
- Some blue fleece for eyes
- 2 small beads for the pupils
- Adhesive plaster with fabric base 1-1.5 cm wide (to work up the wire cuts)
- Tapestry needle and sewing needle
- Sewing thread of matching colors
- Some white and grey wool for felting (for bang)
- Satin ribbon (for the bow)
- Wooden stick to stuff hard-to-get-to places
- Hat and Tie
- Yarn - Lace/2ply. I used black Iris (100% Cotton - 164 yards (150 meters)/ 25 grams (0.88 ounces)).
- Scrap of yarn Lace/2ply (yellow, mustard or gold) - for tassel?I used gold Iris (100% Cotton - 164 yards (150 meters)/ 25 grams (0.88 ounces)).
- Plastic lid of disposable container approx. 4.5 x 4.5 cm (1.7 x 1.7 inches)
- Narrow satin ribbon - 15 cm (6 inches)
250 meters of Fingering weight
MOHAIR DELICATE (NAKO)