Master the art of decorative piped buttercream with award-winning cake artist Roland Winbeckler.
Add sophistication and elegance to your next cake as hall of fame cake artist Roland Winbeckler teaches you the classic techniques for Piping Buttercream Borders. Learn to make perfect decorating icing, roll your own parchment piping bags and even tint the icing right in the bag! Start with simple shells, swags and scrolls before diving into rustic rosettes, flawless filigree and dramatic drop strings. Also included is a buttercream technique for the hottest thing in cake these days: ombré ruffles. Roland will show you how to cultivate your skills on a practice board before heading to the turntable. Perfect your piping skills; sign up for Piping Buttercream Borders today.
What You'll Learn
* How to make perfect decorating icing
* How to roll and fill piping bags
* How to pipe shells, double-reverse shells and swags
* How to pipe scrolls, add over-piped embellishments and incorporate them into a cake
* How to cover a cake with ruffles, petals and rosettes
* How to decorate your cake in for an ombré effect
* How to pipe delicate lace and filigree using buttercream or piping gel
* How to tint your icing in the bag to create elements with graduated coloring
* How to transfer filigree patterns onto a cake
* How to create exquisite drop strings and perfect vertical lines
What You'll Make
Gorgeous cakes using classic techniques
If you're not delighted with your Craftsy experience, we'll make it right or give you a full refund.