- 1 1/4 cups (160 g) flour
- 1 cup (200 g) sugar
- 1/3 cup (40 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 (2.5 ml) teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (240 ml) warm water
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) distilled white or apple cider vinegar
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
In mixing bowl combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt, whisking well to insure all is blended.
Add the water, vanilla, oil, and vinegar, and mix on low-medium to combine, scraping down sides of bowl.
Bake at 350°F until a toothpick tests clean.
This recipe makes 1-8 inch round cake.
High Altitude Adjustments: Increase flour by 1/4 cup. Bake cake at 325°F for 25 minutes.