Your own Fall Quilt Market booth, $1500 cash to build your brand, a new Brother sewing machine, and so much more — that’s what awaits the winner of our 2nd annual Quilt Designer Fellowship!
We’re looking for designers with a distinctive style and original point of view, and we would love to see your work. Plus, Angela Walters and Kristin Link are back to reprise their roles as expert panel judges, this year alongside Pat Sloan, Roxane Cerda and Roseann Kermes!
The nitty gritty: application details
So how do you apply, and what do you include, you ask?
Complete the online application here. Then, email 4-6 photos that are representative of your work to email@example.com. Don’t worry, all images will be kept confidential.
This year’s Fellowship winner will take home:
- An Innov-is NQ1300PRW sewing machine, generously donated by our friends at Brother ($2500 value)
- Fall Quilt Market Booth ($1500 value)
- $1500 cash to put toward Quilt Market booth decorations, travel, printing flyers, etc.
- Quilt Fellowship Winner signage for your Quilt Market booth
- $500 worth of fabric from Craftsy’s favorite brands
- Logo development – various file formats provided (web/print ready)
- Four hours of marketing consultation with Craftsy experts
- Session 1: Best practices for bloggers
- Session 2: Using social media to scale your business
- Session 3: Customized analysis of your website or blog
- Session 4: Personalized question-and-answer session on topic of your choice
All applications will be judged on the following criteria:
- Creativity: Fresh, original design aesthetic that encourages and inspires more people to quilt
- Initiative: Motivation and drive to succeed in business, within the quilting industry
- Design potential: Overall aesthetic and design marketability
The deadline for submission is April 1, 2017. The winner will be notified on May 1, 2017.
Let’s celebrate creativity together
At Craftsy we’re all about helping creativity grow, whether your dream is to complete your first quilt — or launch your own quilting business. Our Quilt Designer Fellowship celebrates the next generation of quilting visionaries by helping up-and-coming designers establish professional credentials and gain marketplace exposure.
We can’t wait to see what you create!