Quilt all your projects in sophisticated style with these essential machine-quilting posts! We've gathered more than 75 of our best tutorials, classes and more to help you easily embellish your quilts with gorgeous designs, no matter your level of experience. Dive in, and prepare to be delighted!
With these tips, anyone can machine quilt!
Machine quilting basics
If you're interested in machine quilting but don't have a lot of experience, these posts are the perfect place to start! From can't-miss classes to essential tutorials on using your walking foot, stitching straight lines and more, you'll find everything you need to succeed at quilting.
- Why You Should Learn Machine Quilting
- Masterful Machine Quilting Made Easy
- Start Machine Quilting
- Machine Quilting in the Ditch
- Which Machine Feet Do You Use for Quilting?
- Stitch in the Ditch: How to Properly Use a Quilting Presser Foot
- Your Questions Answered: How to Use a Walking Foot
- Creative Quilting with Your Walking Foot
- Tips and Tricks for Better Straight-Line Quilting
- Quilting in the Hoop 3 Ways
- Machine Quilting Negative Space
- Contemporary Quilting: 5 Tips for Using Negative Space
- Set Yourself Free With 6 Tips for Freehand Machine Quilting
- Freestyle Quilting Instructions: Practice Makes Perfect
- Machine Quilting Designs for Borders: 5 Must-Have Tips
- Machine Quilting Beautiful Borders
- Machine Quilting with Templates
- How To Quilt Square Borders Using Templates
- How To Quilt Circle Borders Using Templates
- Make Machine Quilting Your Business
- Machine Quilting: Free-Motion and More!
- Beyond Basic Machine Quilting
- Quilting Big Projects on a Small Machine
- Small Machine, Big Quilts, Better Results
- Machine Quilting Wholecloth Quilts
- Stitch Savvy: Creative Machine Embellishments
Experience the fun and creative freedom of free-motion quilting! Here, you'll discover free-motion techniques and tutorials from Leah Day and other experts, as well as inspiring ideas for quilting samplers using your domestic machine and troubleshooting common issues.
- What is Free-Motion Quilting?
- Beginner Free-Motion Quilting: Conquer Your Fears
- 10 Beginner Tips for Successful Free-Motion Quilting
- 5 Tips to Get You Started with Free-Motion Quilting
- Start Free-Motion Quilting
- Free-Motion Quilting Essentials
- Yes, You Can Free-Motion Quilt on a Regular Sewing Machine!
- Ask an Expert: Free-Motion Quilting Answers with Leah Day
- Ask an Expert: Even More Tips for Free-Motion Quilting With a Regular Machine
- Free-Motion Quilting on Your Home Machine: 5 Basic Steps to Success!
- 5 Must-Have Tips for Machine Free-Motion Quilting
- Go Beyond Stippling in Freestyle Quilting: Fascinate with Spirals!
- 5 Ways to Make a Sampler of Free-Motion Quilting Motifs
- Free Motion Quilting a Sampler
- 5 Common Free-Motion Quilting Problems and How to Fix Them
- 6 Features You’ll Want In A Free-Motion Quilting Sewing Machine
- See It in Action: Free-Motion Quilting Videos
- The Secrets of Free-Motion Quilting
- Free-Motion Quilting With Lines, Curves & Loops
- Fearless Free-Motion Quilting
- Free-Motion Quilting with Feathers
- Free Motion Fillers, Vol. 1
- Free Motion Fillers, Vol. 2
- Ultimate Free-Motion Quilting
If you love longarm quilting you're in for a treat! We've collected an array of our best longarm posts, from a free class to a collection of eye-catching motifs to try on your next project.
- The Ins and Outs of Longarm Quilting
- Beginner Longarm Quilting Designs and Ideas
- How to Load a Quilt on a Longarm Machine
- Longarm Quilting: Helpful Tips for Choosing & Creating A Quilt Design
- Starting a Longarm Quilting Business
- A New Look at Longarm Quilting
- All About Longarm Quilting Rulers
- Creative Longarm Quilting
Add machine quilting to your appliqués for stand-out results! These posts will help you achieve beautifully stitched appliqués to adorn any project.
Don't feel daunted when it comes to finishing your quilt on your home machine — just check out these posts and find out how to do just that with ease!
- Finishing From Cutting to Binding: How to Machine Quilt
- Learn to Finish a Big Quilt on a Small Machine
Designs and patterns
Explore this round-up of beautiful machine-quilting designs! You'll find elegant ideas for filling negative space, adorning log cabin quilts and much more.
- Machine Quilting Designs for Beautiful Baby Quilts
- Machine Quilting Designs for Log Cabin Quilts
- Beautiful Machine Quilting Patterns for Beginners
- Machine Quilts You Don’t Want to Miss
- Machine Quilting Negative Space
- Filler Designs for Free-Motion Quilting
- From Novice to Expert: 6 Free-Motion Quilting Designs Any Quilter Can Do
- 5 Impressive Free-Motion Quilting Background Ideas You Must Try!
- Machine Quilting the Home Sweet Home Quilt
Supplies & references
For extra tips and ideas, check out these handy posts.