Quilting Blog

A Sweet Summer Surprise: FREE BOM Class with Kimberly Einmo!

Craftsy's 2015 Summer Block of the Month

Sew a star-filled quilt one block at a time, with step-by-step guidance from award-winning quilter Kimberly Einmo! Craftsy’s 2015 Summer Block of the Month class is a one-of-a-kind quilting experience: learn more below, and get ready to build your skills as you create a breathtaking quilt.

Join Free Class»

How does the 2015 Summer Block of the Month class work?

During class, you’ll follow along with Kimberly Einmo to construct 17 beautiful blocks, and sew her original 70″ x 70″ Night Stars design. Enjoy watching, learning and sewing at your own pace — with Kimberly’s help, you’ll feel like a personal quilting coach is right there beside you!

Once you join, you’ll gain access to a new lesson on the first of every month from July to December — and you’ll own every lesson for a lifetime! You can pause, rewind and rewatch anything you want to, all from the comfort of home.

What will I learn?

During class, Kimberly will walk you through an array of can’t-miss tips and techniques.  You’ll tame flying geese and triangles, explore traditional and specialty-ruler construction methods, learn to piece perfect points, expertly incorporate diamonds into your piecing and more. Plus, you’ll discover creative variations that make it easy to customize your quilt top!

Night Stars Quilt KitIs there a kit to go with the class?

Yes! You can create the exact quilt that Kimberly sews in class when you purchase the gorgeous 2015 Summer Block of the Month Kit, available here. You’ll adore the lush batiks from Anthology Fabrics, and will also receive coordinating background and binding fabric to sew your quilt.

Count me in! How do I join?

It’s easy! To enroll in this FREE class, click here. To purchase the exclusive 2015 Summer Block of the Month Quilt Kit and gain instant class access, click here.

Free Online BOM Class

Free Online BOM Class

Discover a quilting experience unlike any other! Join Kimberly Einmo to sew a stunning, Craftsy-exclusive quilt with block-by-block guidance.Enroll FREE Now »

Brenda Parsons

I have problems joining this ?????

Maureen Quigley

I tried to sign up for a class on line, but I don’t think it went through. Is there another way to contact Craftsy?

Kourtney Geers

Hi Maureen,

Just click on the “Join Free Class” button above and then click the “Enroll Now” button on the right side of the page. Follow the checkout instructions (you will not be asked for payment information during this process, even though we still refer to it as “checkout”). Once you’ve done that, you can access your new class right away by visiting your Craftsy homepage at http://www.craftsy.com and clicking “My Classes” from the menu on the left. If you run into any more trouble, please get in touch with our support team at http://www.craftsy.com/feedback/submit

Best,
Kourtney

Kathy Chappell

I have tried and tried to get instructions for the first block I got the kit but nothing more. I would like the directions for the July block and instructions how to get the following months blocks. Thank you

Kourtney Geers

Hi Kathy,

You can find the patterns for each available block by clicking the “Materials” tab in the orange menu above the video player for the online class. From there, click on the files listed beside the orange arrows one by one. You can click the orange “Download” button for each one. If you run into any more trouble, please get in touch with our support team at http://www.craftsy.com/feedback/submit

Best,
Kourtney

Chris Angell

I received my package of material for the class in the mail; however, there were no instructions included. In viewing the class on video, it seems that I still need a pattern to know how to cut the pieces for each star square. I have tried but cannot get the pattern. Please Help!

Kourtney Geers

Hi Chris,

The patterns for this kit are available through the free online class! You can find the patterns for each available block by clicking the “Materials” tab in the orange menu above the video player and then clicking on the files listed beside the orange arrows one by one. From there, just click the orange “Download” button for each one. If you run into any more trouble, please get in touch with our support team at http://www.craftsy.com/feedback/submit

Best,
Kourtney

Lucy

I received the fabric for the class but did not receive pattern. Where can I download it? Thanks

Kourtney Geers

Hi Lucy,

The patterns for this kit are available through the free online class! Just click on the “Join Free Class” button above and then click the “Enroll Now” button on the right side of the page. Follow the checkout instructions (you will not be asked for payment information during this process, even though we still refer to it as “checkout”). Once you’ve done that, you can access your new class right away by visiting your Craftsy homepage at http://www.craftsy.com and clicking “My Classes” from the menu on the left. You can find the patterns for each available block by clicking the “Materials” tab in the orange menu above the video player and then clicking on the files listed beside the orange arrows one by one. From there, just click the orange “Download” button for each one. If you run into any more trouble, please get in touch with our support team at http://www.craftsy.com/feedback/submit

Best,